XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up and Elcan RD over Christmas to dress up and old A1 Bushmaster. It is supposed to mount on a flat top or a carry handle. It is set up like and ACOG where you remove the Picatinny base and it slides into the carry handle. Unfortunately it did not come with a thumb screw to hold it onto to the handle. I need a 10-32 thumb screw. I tried the one from my Aimpoint swan sleeve but it is a 1/4" and won't work.

Anyone know of another optic mount that uses a 10-32 thumb screw that I could scavenge off of to make this work?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I'd just go to the hardware store and get a bag of whichever one you want; eing nut, nylon lock, etc. Spray and bake it in moly/teflon and be done with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maybe I'm a bit late in replying but for something like that I'd try someplace like smallparts.com, MSC Industrial, or McMaster. You'll end up bending over having to pay for shipping and all that on a $2.00 part, but you can always get spares and whatever other bits and bobs while you're at it to amortize the shipping.

Having looked around a bit, Mcmaster.com would be my first stop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts