XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the Marines for 10 years now and am ready to buy a rifle and start shooting again. I have narrowed it down to the XCR, Barrett REC7, SCAR Light. Since im a bit out of touch with these weapons could someone give me an unbiased review of each (money is not an issue). Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was also wondering about the Magpul Masada but there site does not have a civilian sales section so im guessing it it still just for military like the HK 416.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sorry, the Masada isn't available to anyone right now, it is still in development. There is a good comparison between the SCAR and XCR by VB, look a few threads down as it was just brought up.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Masada/ACR isnt dropping till 2010, if that.

Read my XCR/SCAR comparison for insight into both weapons. I think the XCR has some advantages but both are fine weapons, only the SCAR is about $800 more than an XCR and probably wont be easy to get for awhile even though it officially will be out next month.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The only thing close to a HK416 would POF (Patriot Ordnance Factory). I have no experience with them. But they do seem to be good. If I was to get back into the AR game I would go with them.

http://www.pof-usa.com/

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I love my POF lower. Having handled a 416 (but not shot it) I would say it is nothing special. Too heavy, rails wont support aiming optics...blah, blah, blah. :2cents:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts