XCR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I've been lurking around this site for sometime now. I'm kicking around the Idea of getting the XCR. I'm over sea's right now and I won't be able to handle one until Feb09. I'm thinking of ordering one before November 08 (you know why!)and have it waiting for me once I get home. So, I have a few things I'm wondering about before I take the plunge.
The barrel always looks very long, Could someone give some pic's of it with a 14.5'' or 14.7'' barrel? Also, I see on some rifles the butt stock folds but on others its an AR stock. I like one with an AR stock,Will it come with the folding stock or do I have to ask for one that will take the AR stock? or is that something I do for myself?
thanks for the info
later

·
Registered
704 Posts
Check out my pics in "In the Field" as it has pics of my 14.5 inch barrel and 16 inch barrel. It also shows the fixed, CTR stock. The post you are looking for is XCR Modularity.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Martens,
Nice rifle! Thanks again. I need to pick your brain, Did you order it with that type of butt stock (AR type)?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Back when I ordered mine, the folder was the only option. I bought the adaptor for the fixed M4 stock and the knuckle for the folding M4. I have found that I like the fixed or factory folder the best.

The M4 folder didn't go short enough for me and I just don't like the looks on the left side of the gun--bad reason I know.

I think know you can order whichever stock you want from the factory. Switching stocks is real easy as they are held on with only one allen headed screw.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Just one last question, Can the barrel be changed with an AR15 barrel on the XCR trunnion? Is it the same thread pitch? I just don't like the Idea of a 1:9 barrel. I'll be happy with the 1:7.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Thanks for the info guys. Just one last question, Can the barrel be changed with an AR15 barrel on the XCR trunnion? Is it the same thread pitch? I just don't like the Idea of a 1:9 barrel. I'll be happy with the 1:7.
Nope you can't swap it with a AR 15 barrel as the barrel is Robarms design so 1:9 is where its at for now. But I would like to know why you want a 1:7 barrel. Shoot lots of 77gr bullets? The 1:9 is good for anything up to 69gr.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, When it comes to ammo, I roll my own most of the time. 75&77gr. are on the list. I'm not sure how well the 1:9 would work.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have some 77gr but I haven't tested it out with my XCR yet just my Tavor which is 1:7 twist. I could try it out on Tuesday to see what I group with it compared to M193 55gr.

A few people in this tread have shot 77 and 75 gr bullets out of their xcr's you can read up on that if you wish.
http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,1024.0.html

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, If you could post the info that would be cool, but I don't think you will get good groups with that barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts