XCR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
why is that?
Have you ever taken a job that you thought to be a exciting new opportunity? Then, with each passing day you realize that realities of the job isn't at all what you were sold on. And that there is little to no support from within the company or your boss—to give you the tools to do the job to your fullest?

It's like that.

Alex Robinson is an inventor. And a great invention the XCR is. A marketer? Not so much. He used to grace us with an annual appearance, right around each Shot Show, to insult us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you ever taken a job that you thought to be a exciting new opportunity? Then, with each passing day you realize that realities of the job isn't at all what you were sold on. And that there is little to no support from within the company or your boss—to give you the tools to do the job to your fullest?

It's like that.

Alex Robinson is an inventor. And a great invention the XCR is. A marketer? Not so much. He used to grace us with an annual appearance, right around each Shot Show, to insult us.
I would assume his current marketing strategy of handing out his gun to random youtubers has done the trick.
obviously giving it to MAC back in 2014 when everything he touches for some reason breaks might've hurt, but it looks like all the 2020 marketing is an improvement.
all he needs to do now is talk to BSG and get his gun into Tarkov while he still can

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Your wait time is 42 weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm starting to wonder if I should just get an ak made in 6.5 grendel or have a vz58 made into grendel using ar mags heh

been waiting 18 weeks for my order too, originally told me 8-10 weeks in September.
42 is pretty insane, has anybody actually waited that long?
I wonder if I changed from od green or something I would reduce the wait time....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Looks like my brain scrambled the message lol. I was looking at the email at 2am when I should of been asleep. 12-16 weeks. Which still sucks. Not as bad but still thats 3-4 months out

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Those were the days weren't they? Alex dropping in to remind anyone who dare criticize the immaculate rifle that they're gay.........hahahaha those were the days. :D

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I would assume his current marketing strategy of handing out his gun to random youtubers has done the trick.
obviously giving it to MAC back in 2014 when everything he touches for some reason breaks might've hurt, but it looks like all the 2020 marketing is an improvement.
all he needs to do now is talk to BSG and get his gun into Tarkov while he still can
Is the recent publicity his doing? or an employee who knows better? who knows. And to what degree of success after all these years of missed opportunities and missteps? Whatever positive publicity the XCR is getting now, from my POV, is limited (i.e. still not in the mainstream consciousness). And this new positive publicity comes at a critical time when sales to Canada (which was a major source of revenue) has gone off the cliff's edge because of new restrictions there. RA reminds me of the smallest Japanese car makers that I am familiar with (from the inside): Good products but in constant state of survival mode.

Then there's the supply problem that we're all aware of. Having good publicity isn't enough when you can't fill orders in a timely manner. Even Brownell's carried and promoted the XCR for a while. That publicity was short lived and I'm willing to bet it's supply related.

Those new to the platform, take this advice to heart: Keep a stash of spare parts in your inventory.

Those were the days weren't they? Alex dropping in to remind anyone who dare criticize the immaculate rifle that they're gay.........hahahaha those were the days. :D
Indeed!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is the recent publicity his doing? or an employee who knows better? who knows. And to what degree of success after all these years of missed opportunities and missteps? Whatever positive publicity the XCR is getting now, from my POV, is limited (i.e. still not in the mainstream consciousness). And this new positive publicity comes at a critical time when sales to Canada (which was a major source of revenue) has gone off the cliff's edge because of new restrictions there. RA reminds me of the smallest Japanese car makers that I am familiar with (from the inside): Good products but in constant state of survival mode.

Then there's the supply problem that we're all aware of. Having good publicity isn't enough when you can't fill orders in a timely manner. Even Brownell's carried and promoted the XCR for a while. That publicity was short lived and I'm willing to bet it's supply related.

Those new to the platform, take this advice to heart: Keep a stash of spare parts in your inventory.

Indeed!
So be honest if you would. Could you see the xcr being a viable rely your life on weapon? Or would you go with a 6.5 grendel ak instead?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
So be honest if you would. Could you see the xcr being a viable rely your life on weapon? Or would you go with a 6.5 grendel ak instead?
No brainer. 5.56 XCR-L in any configuration. All day long because of ammo availability. Stock up on spare parts and you're good to go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OP where in Old Dominion are you? If you're close to me, I have an X39 xcr I'd be happy to let you sniff around to confirm your choice. Pop me a DM.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Does anyone have over 10k rounds through a factory XCR?

What have you replaced or fixed, if at all?

I only have about 4K rounds through my 300blk XCR, with no issues as of yet. I do on occasion have to turn up the gas on a dirty rifle, since I shoot suppressed 100% of the time, due to failure to cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Does anyone have over 10k rounds through a factory XCR?

What have you replaced or fixed, if at all?

I only have about 4K rounds through my 300blk XCR, with no issues as of yet. I do on occasion have to turn up the gas on a dirty rifle, since I shoot suppressed 100% of the time, due to failure to cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would be curious as to this as well.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
I have 10,000 round through my original. I can't remember breaking anything. I did replace the bolt hold open for the one piece and replaced the trigger with the new one, but neither was broke. Still runs like a top.

·
Registered
21,970 Posts
I'd guess I've got close to that on a couple. No breakage to report really other than a once had a trigger spring break...but the gun still functioned, I just noticed it was acting funny...opened it up and found the problem as I recall.

Reactions: RobertSlaughter

·
Registered
23 Posts
New to the forum and I too would like to know about people's experiences with the XCR-L. I'm looking to get my first, main rifle that I can rely on for recreational shooting, home defense, and even some hunting. I plan to shoot 5.56 mainly for recreation but also for some self-defence when necessary. One of the things that attracted me to the XCR-l was the option to go up to 6.8 SPC or 6.5 Grendel for added lethality and range for hunting bigger game. I'm highly attracted to it's looks and ergonomics, and it's manageable recoil is greatly appreciated by this newbie. Being in the $2k range is very welcome in this time where other top-range rifles are growing in price (Bushmaster ACR at $3k, FN SCAR-H at $4k, anyone?)

I'm concerned about the adjustable gas system though. I understand that it allows for tweeking to get better performance out of different kinds of ammo and under suppression. But I've seen how Military Arms Channel saw some FTF due to combinations of ammo type, atmospheric conditions, barrel heat and gas setting. It makes me feel that the XCR is more of a "professional" instrument that I really need to know about to get working.

My biggest concern is with Robinson Arms itself with the apparent troubles I've been hearing about their business. I'm afraid that the XCR will end up going the way of the Bushmaster ACR; a decent firearm that becomes orphaned from its maker and becomes a boutique rifle that holds up as long as its proprietary parts last. I'm all for supporting small business but 9-12 weeks for delivering a product signals difficulties in the way a company does business.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Not sure about gas issues? Mine run fine. Once I established settings for regular and suppressed. And maybe a little more gas with Wolf ammo. I hardly ever mess with it. I only change it for the suppressor. It's really a bullet proof platform, there's nothing more durable!

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
My biggest concern is with Robinson Arms itself with the apparent troubles I've been hearing about their business. I'm afraid that the XCR will end up going the way of the Bushmaster ACR; a decent firearm that becomes orphaned from its maker and becomes a boutique rifle that holds up as long as its proprietary parts last. I'm all for supporting small business but 9-12 weeks for delivering a product signals difficulties in the way a company does business.
These are valid concerns, and you have to mitigate risk as you see fit.

For most of us, that means getting the rifle, then getting spares, then getting spare spares. Quite a bit more personal responsibility, forethought and up front $$$ than the AR path requires, but the tradeoff is at that point, you're done. Just enjoy the rifle as many of us have for decades now.

It really depends on what type of person you are.....which is still one of the most curious things about the platform to me. We're all different here, but there's an undeniable common thread about those who see value in this platform.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts