XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MARYLAND - MY FAVORITE STATE TO [glow=red,2,300]HATE[/glow]:

Synopsis:
Authorizing a person to sell ammunition for a regulated firearm on or after January 1, 2009, only in accordance with the Act; requiring an ammunition manufacturer to encode ammunition for a regulated firearm in a specified way; requiring the Secretary of State Police beginning on January 1, 2009, to establish and maintain an encoded ammunition database; [glow=red,2,300]imposing a tax of 5 cents per round [/glow] on the sale of encoded ammunition beginning on January 1, 2009

BROUGHT TO YOU BY COMMUNIST MARYLAND ASSHATS... :asshat:

AND (17) OTHER ASSHAT :asshat: STATE LEGISLATORS FROM:

Alabama
Arizona
California
Connecticut
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Mississippi
Missouri
New Jersey
New York
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
South Carolina
Tennessee
Washington

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please also note that the greedy bastards in MARYLAND have upped the tax from the 'proposed' .005 cents to 5 CENTS :mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yup, but unless I'm looking at it all wrong, it's basically dead. It was read on Jan. 30 and then an "unfavorable report from judiciary" was filed in march. There was no Senate action. The judiciary report is kinda funny since it says essentially that the whole thing is moot since no one makes "encoded ammo". That's just Maryland. The linked law in California actually says not one single little thing about encoded ammo. Not one. The language isn't there.

The whole thing reminds me of "smart guns". You know, stupid rings you have to wear or fingerprint readers on the grip or codes you have to punch in. The whole Clinton agreement. You don't see anyone talking about that tripe anymore.

Of course, if you genuinely have a problem with it, send a letter to your congressman.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This is going to drive ammo costs up again in Canada. :mad:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I think this has been introduced in a couple of states. My understanding is that it's being pushed by the asshat who developed the microstamping technology.

tk

·
Registered
49 Posts
The "encoded ammo" is a ploy started by the guys who patented the process to do it. The micro stamping thing I haven't looked up. From a practical standpoint the micro stamping thing is worse for Californians as we're already quite limited in what we can purchase legally.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts