XCR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would be in for 1 of the adapters.

NB, also let us know what you find out on the stock. I would buy from you if you can get your hands on them.

I am so-so when it comes to the FAST and this looks like a better option for the XCR. One question, will this work on all versions of the XCR? I am assuming the design at the stock interface hasnt changed. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The bushmaster phone tree is terrible. I went in circles for several minutes. Ended up hitting 0 to talk with someone that transferred me back into the loop. Anyway, 10 minutes later, they took my info for a dealer setup. Waiting on them to contact me to see what that entails. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'll double check my lowers tonight. I did have one of them drilled by RA to work with the new BCG. I noticed in LeeMajors pics he has the older style lightening cuts ( like one of mine ). I'll post pics.

Paul

Reactions: Merlin

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
Looks good! Are you planning on 6061-T6 or 7075?

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
Is there any provision for a sling mount in the adapter? Does the charging handle clear the adapter with no issue?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Is there any provision for a sling mount in the adapter? Does the charging handle clear the adapter with no issue?
Absolutely, all our designs retain the original sling mount on the left side of the adapter.

Yes, the charging handle operates perfectly, the adapter tapers as it goes up, so the charging handle clears it easily.

I believe we are using 6061 T6. I will check with the machinist to be certain.

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
Absolutely, all our designs retain the original sling mount on the left side of the adapter.

Yes, the charging handle operates perfectly, the adapter tapers as it goes up, so the charging handle clears it easily.

I believe we are using 6061 T6. I will check with the machinist to be certain.

Thanks!
My sling mount in the FAST stock is in the bottom of where your adapter sits...you said it's on the left side....but I don't see on in the pics. Does that mean it will be there on the production models?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My sling mount in the FAST stock is in the bottom of where your adapter sits...you said it's on the left side....but I don't see on in the pics. Does that mean it will be there on the production models?
Yes, we were mainly focused on proper alignment and measurements with the model.

It will be there on the production run. I'll see if I can drill and mount one tonight and get some pictures with it. Yes it will be on the left side. We had discussed a bottom QD mount but I don't like the way it twists the weapon when I transition to pistol.

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
Yes, we were mainly focused on proper alignment and measurements with the model.

It will be there on the production run. I'll see if I can drill and mount one tonight and get some pictures with it. Yes it will be on the left side. We had discussed a bottom QD mount but I don't like the way it twists the weapon when I transition to pistol.
Ya, left side will be better for 80% of users (lefties get fucked)....with the "drop" in the adapter, trying to place it where RA did on the FAST would be a mistake. As it is, where RA put it makes it ambi....but it hits your wrist in the current location. That drop in your adapter would make it that much worse *unless* there's enough meat on it at the very lowest portion next to the ACR stock itself.

Reactions: fmunk

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
Sean, I missed if you said you definitely wanted one or not?
No thanks. I don't see the ACR being an upgrade from the FAST personally. I was just asking questions for the members here who definitely will want (and have wanted) this product for quite a while. Glad to see someone able to step up and produce these. It's good for the platform overall.

·
Registered
22,651 Posts
No worries, thanks for the input.

I personally don't like the FAST. The way it moves feels flimsy to me, whereas the ACR stock doesn't. Personal preference.

There are multiple issues with the FAST stock that I discussed here years ago when they first came out: http://www.xcrforum.com/forum/7-general-discussion/11403-fast-stock-review.html

However, the MASSIVE amount of play exhibited in your video is not one of them. I actually just tried what's shown in your vid on my most heavily used FAST and there is ZERO play. Now granted, I upgraded all the springs in my FASTs b/c of one of the other major issues and shortcomings of the FAST design....but I've beat that horse to death and I've bandaided it to my satisfaction. Wishful thinking would have me suggest RA take into consideration the problems I and others have made mention of and make a version 2.0.....

I don't know if the spring is the problem in yours or if the machining is so far off that it's giving that sort of play, but IMO....what you show there is defective. Plain and simple: that should have never left the factory like that. I'd make RA get you a new one and sell it off to offset some of your cost for the ACR.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Oh that wasn't mine, that was someone else's I found online. Heaid it came from the factory like that so he ditched it and replaced it with the M4 adapter (which of course doesn't fold). I've heard quite a few complaints like that from the FAST stock, maybe they've fixed them, but you shouldn't have had to re-engineer all the springs.

The ACR stock is rock solid, plus it has a cheek riser for a higher optic like an ACOG which the FAST doesn't.

Just personal preference, but like the UMP, this is a whole different rifle with this stock on here. I put the sling mount on the adapter and I'll upload pictures in a few minutes. It also shows that the charging handle clears the rear assembly quite nicely because of the way it was tapered.

Plenty of XCR enthusiasts to satisfy both camps. :beer:

21 - 40 of 622 Posts