XCR Forum banner
41 - 60 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Oh that wasn't mine, that was someone else's I found online. Heaid it came from the factory like that so he ditched it and replaced it with the M4 adapter (which of course doesn't fold). I've heard quite a few complaints like that from the FAST stock, maybe they've fixed them, but you shouldn't have had to re-engineer all the springs.

The ACR stock is rock solid, plus it has a cheek riser for a higher optic like an ACOG which the FAST doesn't.

Just personal preference, but like the UMP, this is a whole different rifle with this stock on here. I put the sling mount on the adapter and I'll upload pictures in a few minutes. It also shows that the charging handle clears the rear assembly quite nicely because of the way it was tapered.

Plenty of XCR enthusiasts to satisfy both camps. :beer:
Agreed...shouldn't have needed to be re-engineered...but that was typical of RA at the time. My stocks are mostly some of the first runs....so they may have actually gotten worse (complete conjecture on my part based on that video). I know for a fact there have been at least 3 different factory springs to remedy the problem of the stock unlocking when doing dynamic drills.

Ummm....the FAST has an adjustable cheek riser, along with adjustments to move the stock up and down at the lower interface....JFYI.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
The ACR stock is rock solid, plus it has a cheek riser for a higher optic like an ACOG which the FAST doesn't.
The FAST most certainly has a cheek riser for higher optics. Further more, if the top most position for the cheek riser is still not high enough, you have the option to mount the entire stock higher in relation to the receiver. I ran the FAST with an Elcan DR with no issues. The FAST is not perfect. For what it is, it doesn't match the cost it demands. For me CTR + Magpul riser seems to function the best; albeit the non-next-gen appearance.

A QD socket on the left side instead of the ACR's loop would be good.

Oh yah, the FAST's riser is actually superior in the sense that the whole thing is moved up rather than in an arc.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The FAST most certainly has a cheek riser for higher optics. Further more, if the top most position for the cheek riser is still not high enough, you have the option to mount the entire stock higher in relation to the receiver. I ran the FAST with an Elcan DR with no issues. The FAST is not perfect. For what it is, it doesn't match the cost it demand. For me CTR + Magpul riser seems to function the best; albeit the boring appearance.

A QD socket on the left side instead of the ACR's loop would be good.
+1 on the CTR with risers. I'm looking forward to the ACR stock to try something new though

·
Registered
22,417 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
So in the production model it's going to have the ACR type sling loop, not a QD socket?

Just to clarify.
No, it will have the holes for the sling loop to mount on.

When you buy the Bushmaster ACR stock, it comes with the sling loop already on the forward knuckle. After you unpin the rifle side of the hinge and mount the stock on our adapter, you unscrew the sling loop from the knuckle and screw it on to our adapter.

The QD mount has holes in the same place. APWR on the ACR forum was making them but I don't know if he does anymore.

Alternatively, people were taking the QD cup off the forward part of the rifle and just screwing the screw in through it in the lower hole on the hinge (it's the same thread pitch). That works great.

We could theoretically put holes on the other side of the adapter as well so people could choose what side they wanted it on. Bad side of that is that the stock folds that way and would hit it. Guess we could put one on the bottom for lefties to put a QD cup on it that same way.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I don't make the QD mount but someone on the ACR forums does. I have one, it's nice.
I looked into acquiring one when I ran the adapter + ACR stock, but found out the QD adapters were long out of production. Has that changed?

APWR was active here too. Made a lot of noise about making parts for the XCR but disappeared into... vapor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I could probably make it happen again. Not difficult since I have the part. The QD cup would probably be the easiest solution, especially on the bottom for Lefties.

Updated pics!

·
Registered
22,417 Posts
Have you tried contacting Magpul? Pretty sure they're the manfacturer of the actual stock. Remember the Masada?
Hmmm....wonder if Magpul was smart enough to hold on to accessory sale rights before they sold the ACR off....

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Have you tried contacting Magpul? Pretty sure they're the manfacturer of the actual stock. Remember the Masada?
Second this. Kinetic Development Group (the guys who made an ACR adapter for the SCAR) had a video that made it sound like they go their supply direct from Magpul.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Will try Magpul on Monday. Didn't hear back from Remington today.

I think we all remember the Masada.... broken promises, crushed hopes and dreams. The stock was the best thing to come out of that.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
After listening to the mission impossible, A-team and get smart themes on hold for 10 minutes...

Magpul does indeed make the ACR stock but they only sell them to bushmaster/Remington. Still waiting to hear from my bushy rep

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
After listening to the mission impossible, A-team and get smart themes on hold for 10 minutes...

Magpul does indeed make the ACR stock but they only sell them to bushmaster/Remington. Still waiting to hear from my bushy rep
Magpul does make an airsoft version that is half the cost (I have both). The only substantial difference that I have noticed is that the butt will extend without pressing in the releases and the color is FDE as opposed to the orange-ish color of the ACR. The adapter is different, so it can't be directly attached to an ACR, but one wouldn't use that part when adapting to an XCR.

I bought one for some prototype work because it was half the cost and bushy didn't confirm my order and I had no way to actually determine if they were acting upon it. It did suddenly show up 2 months later.

41 - 60 of 622 Posts