XCR Forum banner
581 - 600 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Thank you Lee, for making the 2 runs you did! cool.gif
Glad that you were able to sell them all.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #582 ·
Me too. Took a little while.

Probably not going to make anything else for a long while. I'm actually thinning the herd and selling off all our adapters, need to devote time to other stuff.

Hope everyone enjoys them!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Bumping. So for everyone who has used the ACR stock with the XCR, how much better does it feel? The ACR stock is feature rich and probably better for me with my long arms, but I'm concerned as to how heavy/bulky it seems. And, unlike the FAST2 stock, the ACR stock blocks the trigger on the right side when folded, so you can only shoot the XCR with your left hand. It certainly looks nice, but I am inclined to believe the FAST 2 stock is lighter and allows for faster deployment of the rifle. Anyone agree or disagree?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #589 ·
The ACR stock actually balances the weapon better. The added heft on the back end is only about 8 ounces over the FAST stock and brings the center of gravity back closer to the grip thus you don't really feel it.

The FAST 2 stock feels flimsy, the ACR does not. And the ACR doesn't actually block the trigger. It only appears to do so in pictures as it's not LOCKED in that position, but rather simply spring loaded forward so you can get your hand under it and hold it and shoot it and it just pushes the stock out of the way an inch or so. It's not a problem.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
I know you're peddling your wares, but 1/2 pound on an already portly platform is HUGE...even if it is at the shoulder and I'd counter your personal opinion with my own. FASTs don't feel flimsy at all, but opinions are like assholes. YMMV.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #591 ·
lol - true, but I've never had a return. Ever. And maybe 2 or 3 of them have popped up on Gunbroker in the last half decade by themselves when owners go a different direction.

I'd say most people are happy with the trade-off and quite honestly the weight increase isn't huge when it centers the weight more.

My 11 pound M1A is MUCH more shootable with the PRS stock on the back because it balances the rig. Having all the weight out front on the barrel is fatiguing shooting standing. Having that weight centered over the action reduces the perceived weight because you're not pulling up on the front all the time. You'll have to shoot someone's weapon that's balanced and a pound heavier in actual weight to appreciate the reduction in overall work to shoot.

It's one of the reasons the Tavor and other bullpups are so successful. They're 2 pounds heavier but balanced over an AR. Makes a difference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Didn't think I'd get a response from the man himself! Since I have your attention, I know the stock adapter fits the -L and -M models, but does it appear differently between the models? I know both models mount to the same FAST stocks, but I can't tell if there are enough differences that would show if you used the ACR adapter.

If I can move the stock just a bit away, that would be good. Adding extra weight towards me might be a help in keeping the rifle more stable and less tired with holding it. Has anyone experienced any differences with shooting with the ACR stock on the XCR?

Also, does anyone think the XCR is more deserving of that stock than the ACR?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #593 ·
I'm not very found of the ACR rifle itself actually but I know some people love it. Preference, really. Magpul wanted to shut down the ACR stock line but sales just precluded it so they had to make a new set of molds. It's their best seller of everything except magazines.

There are no differences between the -L and -M ACR stock adapters nor the 1913 pic rail adapter I make. They all mount and work the same, with the cutout in the front being wide enough to accept the bolt travel on the -M.

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
lol - true, but I've never had a return. Ever. And maybe 2 or 3 of them have popped up on Gunbroker in the last half decade by themselves when owners go a different direction.

I'd say most people are happy with the trade-off and quite honestly the weight increase isn't huge when it centers the weight more.

My 11 pound M1A is MUCH more shootable with the PRS stock on the back because it balances the rig. Having all the weight out front on the barrel is fatiguing shooting standing. Having that weight centered over the action reduces the perceived weight because you're not pulling up on the front all the time. You'll have to shoot someone's weapon that's balanced and a pound heavier in actual weight to appreciate the reduction in overall work to shoot.

It's one of the reasons the Tavor and other bullpups are so successful. They're 2 pounds heavier but balanced over an AR. Makes a difference.
Not saying at all that people don't want or prefer them. Just saying a 1/2 pound IS a big deal to a lot of people b/c while shooting standing may not make much difference, humping a rifle around while hunting or most other endeavors is simply more taxing.

Reactions: Chowwow

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not saying at all that people don't want or prefer them. Just saying a 1/2 pound IS a big deal to a lot of people b/c while shooting standing may not make much difference, humping a rifle around while hunting or most other endeavors is simply more taxing.
With that said, it sounds like I would prefer an ACR stock on an -M, since it's a heavier rifle chambered in a cartridge that favors precision and long barrels.

It looks like the ACR stock favors precision adjustments for better aim and it's larger butt would help with recoil mitigation. Is that all I'm benefiting with the stock?

@ LeeMajors: How long do you intend to make the adapter available? I might want to get one when I get an -M but that's a decision for another year.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
Well, last time we sold out it was 2 years before we made more. Right now I have plenty for probably the rest of the year but I wouldn't say much past that. I don't like shelving stock for years on end. It's an inefficient use of resources.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
With that said, it sounds like I would prefer an ACR stock on an -M, since it's a heavier rifle chambered in a cartridge that favors precision and long barrels.

It looks like the ACR stock favors precision adjustments for better aim and it's larger butt would help with recoil mitigation. Is that all I'm benefiting with the stock?

@ LeeMajors: How long do you intend to make the adapter available? I might want to get one when I get an -M but that's a decision for another year.
I'd recommend you buy the adapter regardless. You can always sell it for what you paid (or often more) if you decide not to go forward.

The M is a pig and while some folks report great accuracy....many do not and have found ARs to be more likely to be sub-MOA. Personally, I wouldn't want to add amymore weight to an M...but that's your call. Recoil is negligible (and subjective too)....so I've never experienced a sore shoulder from shooting an M (or .308 AR for that matter).

I don't think the ACR stock is any more 'precision' adjustment than the FAST and the FAST has more adjustability in terms of mounting to the lower. If you want "precision" and don't care about weight, a Magpul PRS or similar would make more sense by far, especially if you want a monopod or similar. Bench rest guns don't give AF about weight.

·
Registered
100 Posts
FYI to all the people who want to order from Lucky Irishman; the website has been changed to: Lucky Irishman Tactical – Custom Accessories – Manufacturing – Body Armor The old site is still operational as of this typing but orders won't be processed if you place an order; so you can sit for weeks without a tracking number or anything.

To anyone who ordered an adapter recently, did the design change or anything? The one I just got is missing the sling mount points as pictured in the earlier production models. The edges are also pretty marred, like it's a test type or used up early model. I know aluminum is easy to scratch when it's freshly milled but that can be taken care of with a little filing and careful handling. Anyone know what's up? I don't quite need these features (yet) and I'm not exactly a perfectionist, but this seems very unprofessional and I'm disappointed with the workmanship.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #599 ·
Yes, your macro zoomed photos have picked up on the minor blemishes we got from a 3rd party machinist and their anodizer. Our 4th axis we used for smaller step machining is semi-permanently down and I’m getting away from the ACR adapter business and focusing on the rails and body armor. I do functional, not pretty perfect. Yes, usually our parts are better finished than this, but these are the way they are. Take a picture of it MOUNTED from a few feet away - normal viewing distance when looking at a weapon, and not zoomed in at all and let me know what you see on the gun.

This will be the last batch of these ever made, just not enough profit margin in it to deal with the aggravation of people who would like museum quality perfection in making weapons parts when most of us serious shooters end up banging them around and scratching them anyway running and gunning.

I received your email and replied to it. You may return it for a refund. There won’t be more made. No, you were not singled out with a “blem”. I don’t have time for that kind of BS, I didn’t even remember who you were until you emailed tonight.

I’m sure you can pursue another stock option for the XCR. We make a 1913 pic rail adapter that came out with fewer cosmetic blemishes or you can stick with the FAST.

These will be permanently marked down 30% starting 4th of July weekend until they are gone, then they’re gone. 30% off is my cost on them. I just want them off the shelf along with other things that don’t sell as well as our handguards do and to move on to the next phase of our business. All the ACR adapters are only marginally profitable; I love them on my own weapons and they got us started in the business but they just aren’t worth the irritation and time suck.

Sorry you are displeased. A refund will be given upon the adapter’s return. Thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey, hey, boys and girls! Let's play a game I'd like to call: WHO'S BEING THE ASSHOLE?!

Me said:
Hello Mr. Murphy,

I regret to inform you of another problem with my order. I take no pleasure in typing this as you do hearing them, but I really cannot let these things slide.

The ACR stock adapter I received appears to be an older model or a "test" type. Most of its edges are marred, probably from drops and nicks and not likely due shipping damage. More importantly, the adapter is missing the QD hole and screw holes for the sling point latch.

I understand that aluminum is easily marred but careful handling and anodizing should have avoided this. The part I have now is a display of poor workmanship. I am also not using the sling point features right now, but this item is an indication that I'm not getting the part that I had ordered and paid for. The attached pictures tell all that you need to know.

I am not a perfectionist and the part is functional strictly as an adapter, but this is not what was expected when I ordered it. I assure you I am not here to embarrass, harass, or damage you or your business. My only agenda is to obtain this part for my rifle and go about my day. However, this is the second time you've let me down now and frankly, I'm not in the mood to be accepting your scrap projects. I'm starting to think it's personal.

Unless I'm wrong and all of your parts have been changed to this design, I'll wait for you to ship a new part off your inventory to replace this one. I'll hold onto this part in the meantime until I get the new part. Please and thank you for your time.
RM said:
It’s not a test piece. These are production pieces, unfortunately from an alternate machinist as our 4th axis is down semi-permanently.

We run our steps much closer together to avoid the step marks you can see when you zoom in as far as you have and You have zoomed in to a point you cannot see with the naked eye unless you hold it 6” from your nose and stare at it and even then would only see a fraction of what you do with these macro zoomed photos.

You are the only person to complain. At all.

I understand it’s not perfect but unless you own a wall hangar and never shoot your weapon in something other than a standing range, whereas most of us run and gun and run our weapons pretty hard in combat training, this piece is perfectly functional. All of my guns have scratches and nicks and such from hard use. This is combat shooting, not range plinking.

However it appears you like your weapons to not to be used and thus this clearly will not work for you for a museum piece.

Please return it and I will refund your purchase. There will be no more of these made, this is our last run. Ever. They sell too slowly to bother with and have very little profit margin. I ran these as a courtesy to those who kept asking, but there is no way to clean these up and not lose money.

The 30% off sale represents “cost” on these and I’m lucky to sell 2 or 3 a month at regular pricing. Thus they will be sold as “minor blemish” from this point forward and they will never be seen again. No one else is likely to take the time to recreate these for such a small niche weapon.

Your purchase will be refunded upon receipt.

Thank you, and good evening.
RM
Me said:
Hi Mr. Murphy,

I really don't appreciate the insinuation that I'm being some kind of ninny. When I criticized the workmanship of the parts, I wasn't making a personal attack at you. I presume you've seen the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglass? Look, all I have to go with are the pictures you've put online on the listing and what other people have showed for their rifles. So when I saw that the adapter looked more like the initial prototype from a few years ago I felt disturbed. If I had known about what I was actually getting, I would not have complained. I beg your pardon for having the self-respect to raise my voice when I sense things are amiss.

I wasn't talking about the machine marks and step overs on the surfaces when I showed you my zoomed in pictures; I'm fine with those and I'm familiar with CNC techniques. I was concerned about the edges and sharp angles, they had dings and burrs underneath the anodizing, meaning that it was like that going in. The gun industry makes products more durable than any man everyday, it's just that the scratches and dings don't come out of the box. I know what it's like to own your own business and I'm familiar with the perils of running a CNC shop, so empathize and sympathize with your stress and the issues you're facing. But it's no excuse for sloppiness or taking out your frustration on strangers.

There is a severe lack of communication going on with your side business; I never heard any announcement on your plans for these adapters until now. You could have swapped out the photo on the listing on your webpage with a picture of a current adapter and it would have adjusted my expectations. And now it seems like I'm being scolded for not being aware of any of these things on my own volition. Honestly, what did you expect me to think going into things like this?

Anyway, if all the adapters are the same right now, I can deal with what I got. I don't have the mental energy to deal with this anymore. I wish the price reflected the reduced features, care and machine time versus the adapters in the first batch; but shit happens, that's minor. I don't care what you think of me but I do care about your attitude, it's not healthy. Pay forward some humility and good will to a stranger some time, I won't guarantee you'll live a longer life but I bet you'll live a bit better one.
Real talk, I've been trying to deal with this guy since April, where did I go wrong him? I don't think I'm being entitled or asking too much by ordering what I thought everyone else was getting, or expecting machined products to be made with care. If I wanted to pay someone to spit at and belittle me, the lady better be naked by the end of it. A transaction is a transaction, but boy do I feel dirty about this. Good luck with the more profitable stuff my friend, not sure if that will make you more happy.

581 - 600 of 622 Posts