XCR Forum banner
601 - 620 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #601 ·
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why I'm focusing on other endeavors.

It's the 0.1% of people that cause 99% of my aggravations. Life's too short to deal with the name calling and rudeness and badgering.

Again, you have two options: keep the item. Return it for a full refund. I'm uncertain why you expect some kind of over-the-top apology or why those options are not sufficient for you, but its no longer my concern. This is what businesses do when a customer is unhappy with their product.

You have consumed too much of my time as it is and further communication will not be responded to. If that makes me an "ass hole" then I guess I will have to live with that burden... SMH

What makes me happier is not having to deal with the 0.1%. I'd just as soon they not buy my products and demand their way as they see it with another company. You have a nice day now.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Hey, hey, boys and girls! Let's play a game I'd like to call: WHO'S BEING THE ASSHOLE?!

Real talk, I've been trying to deal with this guy since April, where did I go wrong him? I don't think I'm being entitled or asking too much by ordering what I thought everyone else was getting, or expecting machined products to be made with care. If I wanted to pay someone to spit at and belittle me, the lady better be naked by the end of it. A transaction is a transaction, but boy do I feel dirty about this. Good luck with the more profitable stuff my friend, not sure if that will make you more happy.
Both of you to an extent?

Sounds like LeeMajors isn't providing the same level of quality he has in the past and didn't update his site to reflect that fact. The fact that he's trying to play 'identity politics' by claiming he's a real hardcore shooter and you're not is unnecessary. He did offer to refund you your money though.

Sounds like you have a choice to make....return it, or keep it. He could offer you a discount b/c it doesn't have the QD mount and isn't the same quality as the older units....since he's doing 30% off....I'd say it would make sense for you to counter at the discounted rate and just keep it if you want it. If not...send it back and get your money back. Pretty simple really. Neither of you, to me, look like you handled it the best way possible, but nobody's perfect and we all learn from these interactions hopefully.

Reactions: Chowwow

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
Possibly. It's more than this one exchange, and I just get tired of dealing with people who can't be pleased no matter how much you try, which is the snarkiness that comes off after a month of annoyng email exchanges from this individual.

Like I said, 0.1% of my customers cause 99% of the annoyance. I suspect most businesses are like this. I've started just not responding to half my emails when their questions are addressed with answers already on the website. Life is easier that way and most people eventually figure it out.

Going to dial the adapters back anyway and stick to handguards and body armor. Much better profit margin, easier to make, less machining requirements, and fewer complaints. The only times people complain about our handguards is through user error and I've loosened the tolerances up a bit to make it more "user friendly".

I'd use a different term but as my website says, not everyone should own tools. Gunsmiths have job security for a reason. ;)

As of this weekend they will all be 40% off. It'll be a small loss but made up by the ones I've sold to date. He can have that discount (I already gave him the 30% off) and keep it or he can send it back. Doesn't really matter to me.

People can smooth the tiny imperfections in some of the edges and cerakote or re-anodize them if they'd like or just run them, their choice. Once those and the 1913 pic rail XCR adapters are gone, I'm out of the XCR platform. Fun weapon but I'm pairing down my collection to just the ones I like to shoot personally at local 3-gun matches or just because a suppressed MP5 with a binary trigger is more fun that just about anything else I own.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Possibly. It's more than this one exchange, and I just get tired of dealing with people who can't be pleased no matter how much you try, which is the snarkiness that comes off after a month of annoyng email exchanges from this individual.

Like I said, 0.1% of my customers cause 99% of the annoyance. I suspect most businesses are like this. I've started just not responding to half my emails when their questions are addressed with answers already on the website. Life is easier that way and most people eventually figure it out.

Going to dial the adapters back anyway and stick to handguards and body armor. Much better profit margin, easier to make, less machining requirements, and fewer complaints. The only times people complain about our handguards is through user error and I've loosened the tolerances up a bit to make it more "user friendly".

I'd use a different term but as my website says, not everyone should own tools. Gunsmiths have job security for a reason. ;)

As of this weekend they will all be 40% off. It'll be a small loss but made up by the ones I've sold to date. He can have that discount (I already gave him the 30% off) and keep it or he can send it back. Doesn't really matter to me.

People can smooth the tiny imperfections in some of the edges and cerakote or re-anodize them if they'd like or just run them, their choice. Once those and the 1913 pic rail XCR adapters are gone, I'm out of the XCR platform. Fun weapon but I'm pairing down my collection to just the ones I like to shoot personally at local 3-gun matches or just because a suppressed MP5 with a binary trigger is more fun that just about anything else I own.
More than fair of you to have already offered the 30%. I see where you're coming from but also see where his quality expectations weren't managed as well as perhaps they should have been....that said, you've done all you really need to in an attempt to make the situation right. You've offered the full refund or the discount. Ball's in his court.

Reactions: LeeMajors

·
Registered
100 Posts
Since I have your ear I'll say this: just because you don't hear many complaints doesn't mean there are no problems. In the restaurant biz, if people didn't like your product, they never showed up again; you get their money once and no more future sales. When ever I heard one of my customers complain, it was from people who just wanted what they expected and leave; it was never personal. These were the people who were most concerned about my operations and how I was doing. You can't dismiss these things as the "vocal .1%", because I can assure you there's a lot more.

Anyway, if you read my previous email last night and on the previous page of this thread, I said I'll keep the damn thing; it's the fastest way to get an adapter at this moment so why not? If you would be so generous to adjust the price to reflect the simplified design, my hats off to you.

But for your own sake, update and streamline the site. It's fine if you want don't want to interact with people but you gotta get that thing nailed down. And let me tell you something about "this individual"; I'm the nicest dude you'd meet with not a hint of pride or grandiosity to me. I just have self respect and I won't be ripped off. So If you think I'm insufferable, wait 'till you try to expand your business and attempt to sell to hundreds more customers. Please sort yourself out.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Since I have your ear I'll say this: just because you don't hear many complaints doesn't mean there are no problems. In the restaurant biz, if people didn't like your product, they never showed up again; you get their money once and no more future sales. When ever I heard one of my customers complain, it was from people who just wanted what they expected and leave; it was never personal. These were the people who were most concerned about my operations and how I was doing. You can't dismiss these things as the "vocal .1%", because I can assure you there's a lot more.

Anyway, if you read my previous email last night and on the previous page of this thread, I said I'll keep the damn thing; it's the fastest way to get an adapter at this moment so why not? If you would be so generous to adjust the price to reflect the simplified design, my hats off to you.

But for your own sake, update and streamline the site. It's fine if you want don't want to interact with people but you gotta get that thing nailed down. And let me tell you something about "this individual"; I'm the nicest dude you'd meet with not a hint of pride or grandiosity to me. I just have self respect and I won't be ripped off. So If you think I'm insufferable, wait 'till you try to expand your business and attempt to sell to hundreds more customers. Please sort yourself out.
You should have simply asked for the 40% discount and let it be....

You're "winning" that game you started above.

Reactions: LeeMajors

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #607 ·

Anyway, if you read my previous email yesterday, I said I'll keep the damn thing; it's the fastest way to get an adapter at this moment so why not? If you would be so generous to adjust the price to reflect the simplified design, my hats off to you.

But for your own sake, update and streamline the site. And let me tell you something about my boring self; I'm the nicest dude you'd meet with not a hint of pride or grandiosity to me. I just have self respect and won't be talked down to. So If you think I'm insufferable, wait 'till you try to expand your business and attempt to sell to hundreds more customers. Please sort yourself out.
Telling someone to “sort themselves out” while simultaneously saying you are “the nicest dude you’ll meet with not a hint of pride or grandiosity” might be the biggest non-sequitur I’ve heard recently. Telling people to “sort themselves out” is a pretty narcissistically grandiose thing to say. YMMV.

That said, I’m well-sorted, thank you for your concern... chuckle

My business is well-expanded. I grossed a pretty solid nut last year with over a thousand purchases each year since we introduced the RDB handguards. The net isn’t enough to replace my day income but it’s not small change. These stock adapters are a tiny fraction of my business now and done more for the community than profit.

I get maybe one complaint every few hundred orders, mostly about the shipping times since I do this on the side from my day job flying planes. When my unsatisfied customer list is less than 1% of my business, I’ll take that ratio and consider it “people you can‘t satisfy no matter how hard you try”.

As for the body armor, if the patent is successful, I’ll sell it off, take the money and I’m out. This has been a fun hobby that has turned into a way to pay for toys and retirement plans while enjoying shooting. However the bigger my business has gotten, the less fun I’ve had, so it’s time to dial it back, concentrate on the money makers, and get out while the getting is good.

Been a good run. A decade of making things people enjoy isn’t such a bad way to go. All good things must come to an end.

And no I didn’t read your last email. Wasn’t interested in the aggravation after a long day in the heat. I’ll take a look at it tomorrow, as Wednesday is labeling day and Thursday is shipping day usually. You’ll get the 40% off no worries at all. If you’ll take a small rat file to the few rough edges and have it bead blasted then cerakoted over the anodizing it will be a solid piece and you won’t ever see the blemishes. It costs me $30 bucks each to cerakote them at my cost but you might find someone local to do it for you cheaper.

Sean you’re right, and I need to update the site that these are “blems” moving forward for these. Unfortunately the shop that did them isn’t responding to emails so I’m stuck with them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You should have simply asked for the 40% discount and let it be....

You're "winning" that game you started above.
Oh don't get me wrong. Take away all the posturing and cussing disguised as polite conversation and this is an objectively fine resolution. I believe the man should be paid for his hard work but it has to reflect the fact it's not what Blood181 or others before me got. I greatly appreciate the explanations on what complicated the ordering process as well as why we ended up with parts that weren't like the last batch, this is important information that should have been communicated before ordering but didn't for whatever reason. It's what's available so I'll take it; I can tinker with it later if I have the compulsion to do so.

What I don't appreciate is the irrelevant macho posturing and refusal to admit responsibility. All I was asking for "I'm sorry but (reasonable explanation)" and that would have been it. He could have just faked the "I'm sorry" part on an email and I would not be here trying to lecture this man on how to behave. I'm just telling him why normal people would probably think he's a jerk over this and why a few of his former customers would seem implacable because of it. This is the internet and it's all fake anyway; there's no reason to spread more toxicity than there already is. I think Murphy and his customers would be happier if he tried acting with a little remorse, even if faked. Unless someone actively challenges his manhood, then fire away.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #609 ·
Oh don't get me wrong. Take away all the posturing and cussing disguised as polite conversation and this is an objectively fine resolution. I believe the man should be paid for his hard work but it has to reflect the fact it's not what Blood181 or others before me got. I greatly appreciate the explanations on what complicated the ordering process as well as why we ended up with parts that weren't like the last batch, this is important information that should have been communicated before ordering but didn't for whatever reason. It's what's available so I'll take it; I can tinker with it later if I have the compulsion to do so.

What I don't appreciate is the irrelevant macho posturing and refusal to admit responsibility. All I was asking for "I'm sorry but (reasonable explanation)" and that would have been it. He could have just faked the "I'm sorry" part on an email and I would not be here trying to lecture this man on how to behave. I'm just telling him why normal people would probably think he's a jerk over this and why a few of his former customers would seem implacable because of it. This is the internet and it's all fake anyway; there's no reason to spread more toxicity than there already is.
“Macho posturing“. I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.

You want groveling. Wrong person. Way wrong person. You’re not lecturing; that would imply you have something of benefit to offer in your incessant whining. Like one person said, perhaps you should just learn when to leave well enough alone.

In my opinion everyone in this country needs 4 years of forced military service. I think “Toxic” would be used far less than it is afterwards, but that’s just one man’s opinion. “Toxicity”... holy shit. I’m out.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
“Macho posturing“. I do not think these words mean what you think they mean.

You want groveling. Wrong person. Way wrong person. You’re not lecturing; that would imply you have something of benefit to offer in your incessant whining. Like one person said, perhaps you should just learn when to leave well enough alone.

In my opinion everyone in this country needs 4 years of forced military service. I think “Toxic” would be used far less than it is afterwards, but that’s just one man’s opinion. “Toxicity”... holy shit. I’m out.
Except all the whiny bitches would turn the military that way as well....lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
No, I want a little "I'm sorry sir (what you just told me about the CNC machinist)" and leave out the stuff about it's cool to shoot with battered guns or that you have fun flying planes. That doesn't matter. Can you just fake it? I really think it'll test better with other customers. I don't want you to grovel. Just something canned and professional and leave out the other stuff. Is that too much to ask?

Sean K. liked this
Oh come one Sean, back me up on this.:LOL:

·
Registered
769 Posts
No, I want a little "I'm sorry sir (what you just told me about the CNC machinist)" and leave out the stuff about it's cool to shoot with battered guns or that you have fun flying planes. That doesn't matter. Can you just fake it? I really think it'll test better with other customers. I don't want you to grovel. Just something canned and professional and leave out the other stuff. Is that too much to ask?

You have an offer to return it for full refund.
You are offered a discount if you decide to keep it.
Now you expect an apology?

I could possibly understand if we are talking hundreds of dollars for what you ordered.
Right now you are coming off like someone suffering from an epic case of butt hurt, they make something to treat that or you can deal with it like an adult.
He has given you options but it seems like it still isn't enough, this is a problem with our current society and the entitlement mindset.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts

IMO, yes....it's too much to ask.

Why do you think you need a 'sorry' from him? He's offered multiple times to make this right for you. An apology isn't necessary....what's necessary is that he makes good on the product. He's DONE that.

And personally, I'd rather someone be straight with me than lie or be fake. YMMV.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
You have an offer to return it for full refund.
You are offered a discount if you decide to keep it.
Now you expect an apology?

I could possibly understand if we are talking hundreds of dollars for what you ordered.
Right now you are coming off like someone suffering from an epic case of butt hurt, they make something to treat that or you can deal with it like an adult.
He has given you options but it seems like it still isn't enough, this is a problem with our current society and the entitlement mindset.
100% this ^.

·
Registered
100 Posts
leemajors said:
Well, to entertain that for a bit, it's not like a few years of essentially National Guard service is gonna turn people in Jocko Willink or Dan Crenshaw. Doing that will be turning the admired post of military service into jury duty, and like Sean said, expose the service to people who really shouldn't be there.

I'm sorry you got offended by my use of words, I thought we were all resilient gunslingers here, so I didn't expect a few words on a screen to wound anyone. Would "vitriol" have been better?

IMO, yes....it's too much to ask.

Why do you think you need a 'sorry' from him? He's offered multiple times to make this right for you. An apology isn't necessary....what's necessary is that he makes good on the product. He's DONE that.
Nah, it's cool. I got the explanations I wanted and he did come to a good solution until he got all offended and left. I suppose I made him work for it, so it's even then. Like scalton said, it's not a lot of money, and in this age of this country's tryst with socialism, the Biden bucks flow like wine and are pretty worthless in the long run unless you get something out of them. At some point this wasn't about me or the money, it was about this guy's reputation and product.

To be fair, anyone can be a jerk if provoked and when Rich's parts work out of the box, things are dandy. It's when things go awry with the parts that there's hell, his behavior hasn't been documented 'till now but look at some of these Facebook reviews. I wasn't even asking for an apology really, just a pivot towards detachment and professionalism. How does asking for a little humility mean bending the knee to strangers? I realize now that as XCR fans, the community is used to this when Alex Robinson was active on this forum, and it's a presumptuous of me to make recommendations on how he runs his business, but do I really have to explain this? He doesn't have to constantly protect his ego this way; dealing with complaining customers don't have to be stressful.

Anyway, I didn't come here to summon an internet army to troll some dude, I wanted to verify if everyone was getting the same experience I was seeing, and I put up the email exchange to show transparency in the situation. This was also an exercise in self reflection, I was a contestant in my own game show after all, and I wanted to see what I was doing to provoke these kinds of responses from this guy. I appreciate the responses. I hope you guys got some entertainment out of this, I kinda did. Thanks for reading my blog.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Well, to entertain that for a bit, it's not like a few years of essentially National Guard service is gonna turn people in Jocko Willink or Dan Crenshaw. Doing that will be turning the admired post of military service into jury duty, and like Sean said, expose the service to people who really shouldn't be there.

I'm sorry you got offended by my use of words, I thought we were all resilient gunslingers here, so I didn't expect a few words on a screen to wound anyone. Would "vitriol" have been better?

Nah, it's cool. I got the explanations I wanted and he did come to a good solution until he got all offended and left. I suppose I made him work for it, so it's even then. Like scalton said, it's not a lot of money, and in this age of this country's tryst with socialism, the Biden bucks flow like wine and are pretty worthless in the long run unless you get something out of them. At some point this wasn't about me or the money, it was about this guy's reputation and product.

To be fair, anyone can be a jerk if provoked and when Rich's parts work out of the box, things are dandy. It's when things go awry with the parts that there's hell, his behavior hasn't been documented 'till now but look at some of these Facebook reviews. I wasn't even asking for an apology really, just a pivot towards detachment and professionalism. How does asking for a little humility mean bending the knee to strangers? I realize now that as XCR fans, the community is used to this when Alex Robinson was active on this forum, and it's a presumptuous of me to make recommendations on how he runs his business, but do I really have to explain this? He doesn't have to constantly protect his ego this way; dealing with complaining customers don't have to be stressful.

Anyway, I didn't come here to summon an internet army to troll some dude, I wanted to verify if everyone was getting the same experience I was seeing, and I put up the email exchange to show transparency in the situation. This was also an exercise in self reflection, I was a contestant in my own game show after all, and I wanted to see what I was doing to provoke these kinds of responses from this guy. I appreciate the responses. I hope you guys got some entertainment out of this, I kinda did. Thanks for reading my blog.
Congratulations, I guess??? :confused: You won at being the asshole. Simple solution to your myriad problems: DON'T BUY THE PRODUCTS if you dislike the owners so fucking much.

You straight up were asking for an apology FFS. You were quoted. Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else. Do you really think people here can't read?

Reactions: scalton

·
Registered
100 Posts
Simple solution to your myriad problems: DON'T BUY THE PRODUCTS if you dislike the owners so fucking much.
Well, it's like we've seen with Robinson, if your products are unique enough customers will have to come because you're the only game in town. I tried to avoid the whole thing but when I couldn't find any adapters in the wild, I swallowed my pride and went for it. He won't he having that monopoly when he ventures out into body armor.

You straight up were asking for an apology FFS. You were quoted. Go peddle your bullshit somewhere else. Do you really think people here can't read?
Eh ok, I guess the canned "I'm sorry sir" was the wrong way to put it. What I mean was a need for professionalism; he didn't need to be too personal about it.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Well, it's like we've seen with Robinson, if your products are unique enough customers will have to come because you're the only game in town. I tried to avoid the whole thing but when I couldn't find any adapters in the wild, I swallowed my pride and went for it. He won't he having that monopoly when he ventures out into body armor.

Eh ok, I guess the canned "I'm sorry sir" was the wrong way to put it. What I mean was a need for professionalism; he didn't need to be too personal about it.
As if it was solely my quote of your demand for an apology I was referencing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #620 ·
$64 refund complete, which is 40% off the $160 purchase price. You should have received an email notification, it typically takes Square 3-5 business days to credit your card and your credit card 3-5 business days to credit your account.

The website has been updated to reflect the blem status of these adapters and all remaining adapters marked down 40% to $96 plus shipping.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Independence Day weekend.

601 - 620 of 622 Posts