XCR Forum banner
621 - 622 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
Well, it's like we've seen with Robinson, if your products are unique enough customers will have to come because you're the only game in town. I tried to avoid the whole thing but when I couldn't find any adapters in the wild, I swallowed my pride and went for it. He won't he having that monopoly when he ventures out into body armor.
When you air issues in public before emailing (you posted here 24 hours before you contacted me via email with the blemish complaints) you make it personal. Then you continued to make it personal. I simply call it out and won't deal with it.

And incidentally I will have a monopoly with the body armor. My degree is in Aerospace Engineering with a specialization in materials. I filed a patent on my newest design about half a year ago. If the patent is awarded, which so far the attorney says is almost a certainty given I'm doing something that hasn't been done before, it will be the only product of its kind out there.

I was making body armor like SafeLife is doing over half a decade ago and posted video of our initial testing when they first rolled out their product and called me a liar over it - that was kind of funny. I gave them a construction tip which they took and changed the way it's made. Helps protect the front tiles from blunt force impact instead of having them just under the front facing surface which is why it's harder to see the individual tiles in their newer vests. Ceramic is fragile at sharp edges.

I'm actually impressed they've made so much money doing what is pretty obvious to anyone who has ever dabbled in body armor. Kudos to them for the marketing angle.

That said it's not about having a monopoly and telling people to piss off when I make bad products. If I did that my reviews would be awful everywhere on the internet and I'd be out of business. It's about not dealing with the 0.1% who want you to kiss their ass and can't be pleased unless you do; I'm just not that guy. Sorry not sorry you don't like it, but now you have enough of a refund to have someone else make it all pretty and smooth, or not and pocket the cash.

Good day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
As if it was solely my quote of your demand for an apology I was referencing. :rolleyes:
A lot was said yesterday, and now I realize yesterday was a long time ago. I see I was out of line on at least some things. Speaking of apologies, I've sent one to leemajors. This was independent of what he did this afternoon; I decided to send some remorse his way on the drive this morning after reading what you said. I expected nothing before and I expect nothing after this.

leemajors said:
I was making body armor like SafeLife is doing over half a decade ago and posted video of our initial testing when they first rolled out their product and called me a liar over it - that was kind of funny.
Interesting, good luck with the armor idea then!

To others tuning in for information of the ACR adapter rather than internet drama, got a tip for you. After quickly realizing that I could not make initial insertion of the roll/spring pin into the adapter on my own, I went over to my gunsmith to have it taken care of. He had more trouble than his usual experience hammering in the pin that came with the stock into the adapter. Either the tolerances were too tight, the anodizing added more material into the holes, or aluminum was less pliable than the polymer the stock was designed for. Save yourself time and trouble and try widening/clearing out the holes on the adapter's hinge by hammering a 5/32 or smaller pin punch through them before installing that pin. It'll make final installation easier and reduce risk of breaking that roll pin (or something else) due to vigorous hammering (even with a brass hammer). We weren't able to get the pin in until he backed it in and out repeatedly. I dunno if anyone else reported this kind of issue with the older adapters, it could be one of those things about this last batch, but not all parts are the same, so work with care. EDIT: Looking back, my gunsmith determined that he had trouble installing the pin into the adapter because the chamfer where the pin slips into on initial contact is on the opposite side of where it is on the original ACR adapter. He was trying to hammer the pin in from the top of the adapter when it should have been on the bottom. The tell tale chamfer on the bottom side of the adapter will indicate where you should start installing the pin. Don't do what I suggested before and don't try to widen the holes for the pin. I don't believe this information has been brought up and not everyone is experienced with installing pins like this, so do keep this in mind when you or a gunsmith try this.

I still have to clean things up l but after all that has been said and done, worth the trouble actually.

Attachments

621 - 622 of 622 Posts