XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an AAC M4-1K transferred in, still waitin' on my paperwork yet but went up to the dealers range and slugged a few mags. Alas, it was through an AR though, I had just finished it and wanted to test fire and zero it yet. I had shot the XCR the last time I went up there with one of his AAC .30 cal cans.

If I can borrow from ATHF's Carl for a moment...Awesome! Friggin' awesome! Minimal weight, excellent sound reduction, good little unit. And simple as hell when you look through it. The next trip up there I'll take the XCR. It was hard to leave it there but I'd rather not go to a federal pound me in the a$$ prison so I did the right thing.

Already looking at a .30 cal can. Probably a YHM unit, cheaper and won't get beat up as much as the AAC eventually will.

TIMELINE
24 Sep- Form 4's dropped off with Sheriff w/ SASE for return
6 Oct- Form 4's returned
7 Oct- Priority mailed to ATF
9 Oct- Delivered to ATF
14 Oct- Checks cleared
13 Dec- Friend had mailed a Form 4 about two weeks prior to mine and received his stamped form back....wait for it....wait for it....
17 Dec- "Houston, the stamps have landed."

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Re: Finally shot my new can!

I have a Ruger 12-22 & a Ruger MKII with can. Wonderful....... like a fart in a whirlwind. >:D :ninja: :2cents:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I took a pic with the cell phone, I'll try and remember to e-mail it tomorrow. Of course the rifle is full-on FDE'd out and then there's a big black can on it! :D

And scratch my thoughts on a YHM can for .30 cal. My dealer buddy has an AAC Cyclone he wants to sell so he can upgrade. I've shot it bunches of times so I know it's fine. Moving right along now!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I'm starting the countdown now, but a little differently I suppose. Dropped off paperwork with the sheriff this afternoon. How long before it gets back? ;D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

Why didn't you do a trust? ??? It is so simple and eliminates the CLEO hassle. I've done three now, and the longest I've waited is 40 days from when the BATFE cashed my check.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I asked my dealer about it and he only recommended it if the CLEO gave me a hassle about it. Didn't ask why so didn't really get concerned with it too much honestly. Historically no one has had any trouble around here with their Form 4's....but my luck always leans to the wrong side! :duh:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

I did my 2 cans with a CLEO back in 2000, wasn't that big of a deal. I did my 2 SBRs on a trust this past spring. The reason for the change is I can name whoever I want on my trust to have legal possession of the trust property. Now, even while deployed, my wife can take the toys out and shoot. Plus, with a trust the property transfers to my beneficiary tax free upon my death. I will probably leave the first 2 cans off the trust for now but may move the over someday (having to pay the $200 per again). I will probably wait for now, would rather pay the $200 for new toys.

On Edit, I think that you may be able to transfer an individual NFA item upon death on a form 5 (Tax free) too but I am not 100% sure.

My trust was reviewed by a JAG Lawyer for proper wording a legality after I drew it up. I added a phrase into mine that isn't found in willmaker, basically naming other people that may or may not be named anywhere else in the Trust that had access to the items of the Trust in my absence.

I found this the other day, I don't know that it is 100% correct but it is a pretty good guide.

http://www.86th.org/?id=nfa-trust

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I'm not worried about it. Different ways of going about the same task is all. I just want the suppressors!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts

I agree with AZ, and note that even though you opted for CLEO, you can still submit the trust - and be well on your way to suppressor nirvana! Of course, no one knows better than you what is best for your personal situation.

Submitting a trust simply eliminates the extra WAIT you have to endure as your CLEO completes the paperwork.

Either way, good luck and post some pics when you get everything setup the way you like it!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Either way, good luck and post some pics when you get everything setup the way you like it!

You know it! If we weren't so busy I'd head back up there with XCR in tow to do a little shooting this weekend ut don't think it's in the cards.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Finally shot my new can! (Timeline added 6 Oct 08)

taken with my cell phone so not a super good pic but here's the M4-1000 on an AR. No pics of the Cyclone...yet.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Taken today! Still no paperwork so they went back with my buddy but still fun gettin' 'em dirty!

Checking to make sure there was clear sky before pulling the trigger!

M4-1000 on the XCR

M4-1000 and the Cyclone on the SASS. (The ATS suppressor pouches supplycaptain.com carries are perfect for these cans. The multicam guy on the bench.)

Dave the Dealer running the SASS...damn lefties!

It'll be too cold to shoot by time my paperwork gets back probably but you'll still see me out there, warming my hands on the barrel! >:D

The Cyclone made about a 1mil difference in zero from unsuppressed to suppressed. Rifle still prints around MOA with decent ammo, still haven't gotten around to developing any handloads for it yet. Sound reduction was great, comfortable to shoot without ear plugs even. The steel gong at 100yds was louder than the report of the rifle! The gas buster handle is worth the cost, I never noticed any gas blow back with this can or the 762SD model I shot with it before. The SASS also has an adjustable gas block fo suppressed fire..

The ejection of the XCR on the "S" setting on the gas block was still very, very stout. It flung brass for about a good 15-20 feet. Gas blow back was present but not incredibly uncomfortable as an AR is. Methinks the XCR is a touch too long with the can though. Hadn't planned on doing a tax stamp for an SBR on it, but just might now. Hmm.........

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Do it ;D

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yeah Aziator, I tihnk that might be the plan now, but I'll probably wait until I get my Form 4's back from these first.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

I just mailed 2 Form 1's to my wife from here in Iraq to send in for me. I want them ready to go when I get home next spring. no better time to wait then when over here. I am also planning on ordering 3 maybe 4 cans as soon as I get back. I am waiting for AAC to begin shipping the prodigy with the new core (which should happen after the new year).

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I'm curious about this PDW project too, might be something to think about doing if we get some sneak peeks of what it'll end up being.

On the other hand, having the capability to go back to a longer barrel and not fudging around with a different op rod and what not is nice too.

C'mon 12" barrel! >:D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I wish AAC would've released their Black Box for .45's :mad:

That was one fine looking can... that would've looked great on my USP45

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it would've. It's a unique looking suppressor to say the least!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts