XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like what I am seeing. CZ makes good stuff. 16 rounds is nice as well for CCW

The CZ P-07 Duty is the next generation of the CZ handgun family. The Duty features the ergonomics and accuracy of the CZ 75 with a totally new trigger system. The new Omega trigger system simplifies the CZ 75 trigger system, uses fewer parts and improves the trigger pull. In addition, it allows users to choose between using the handgun with a decocking lever(installed) or a manual safety (included) by a simple parts change. The polymer frame design of the Duty and a new sleek slide profile (fully machined from bar stock) reduce weight, making the P-07 Duty a great choice for concealed carry.
Weight 1.7 lbs
Overall Length 7.3 in
Barrel Length 3.7 in
Height 5.1 in
Width 1.5 in

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I heart CZ. My first pistol was a CZ40P. Fine fine weapon, still my favorite pistol. I like their bolt action .22 I have as well.

That pistol looks like a fancier version of what I have. I'm sure it would be awesome. I think they offer many pistols that is the best bang for your buck literally. Good products, good price. Hard to argue with that.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Very recent release, announced about the same time as the polymer SP-01.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
What is the price of this sexy beast?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Never been a huge fan of the CZ pistols, mostly just because I never really needed one. That is one nice looking pistol in a pretty compact size.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
CZ guns are all nice. Good shooters too and very reliable.

I saw a review on the GP6 the other day, http://www.stiguns.com/. Looks very nice and as it's an STI it meets the 2" guarantee.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Did anyone ever get a chance to handle or fire this pistol?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
What is the price of this sexy beast?
I couldn't stand it anymore. I haven't seen or held one of these but I placed a preorder for it. After that defensive pistol class I wanted something that had more bang bang in the magazines, if nothing else just for the classes. You can get this bad boy for $480 shipped to your FFL. I put down the $200 deposit.

http://czcustom.com/cz75p07.aspx

When I get it i'll let you folks know what I think about it. I figured if I didn't like it I could always sell it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I assume this is a 9mm ??? Is it offered in .40 or .45 ??? ??? ??? Looks racey...... :2cents:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I assume this is a 9mm ??? Is it offered in .40 or .45 ??? ??? ??? Looks racey...... :2cents:
No indication when or if it would be offered in a .40 or .45. There are already some 10 rounders out there for a .40 as I own one of them and I love it. I wanted something similar to that with a high capacity. For the $$ I thought it seemed like an awesome value so I'd try it out. Also its interesting that you can switch between a saftey or a decocker. Personally I like the decocker, but wouldn't be opposed to trying out a safety and its nice you can do that.

Here are the specs.

Price (MSRP) US$ 508.00
Product number (SKU) 91186

Ammunition
Ammo 9mm Luger
Magazine capacity 16
Rate of twist 1:9.7 in

Dimensions
Weight 1.7 lbs
Overall Length 7.3 in
Barrel Length 3.7 in
Height 5.1 in
Width 1.5 in

Features
Frame polymer
Grips polymer
Sights fixed
Safety elements, safety interchangeable safety or decocking lever

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got to shoot the P-07 today.

It looks much better in person than it does in pics. The grip is nice, but not as svelt as the P01 and SP01. The low bore makes the 9mm feel like a .22 so quick shots were very easy. The recoil control is better than Glock, which is saying a lot. I only shot at 15 yards so so, so head shots were shot head shots and torso shots were torso shots.

The control layout is good. And best of all, its freaking dirt cheap at $449 without night sights, but with an HK-ish feel in terms of build quality

Now there is one downside. The trigger reset is horrid. It's looooong. Longer than non-SRT SIG's, being a little too close to the P250, which is strange because this is not the case with the P01 and SP01

All in all, the value is great, and it has the tools to be a solid purchase.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Interesting.

Would you say the grip angle is more 1911 or glock like?
Not quite like either. It terms of grip contours its more like a Browning Hi-Power, which influenced the CZ75. It just lacks the grippy, squishy rubber of the P01 and SP01

As a product line, I've always thought CZ's have always featured great grips.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well thats good to hear, glad to hear you like it. Bummer about the trigger reset though. I have a CZ40P which is basically the SP01 before they started calling it. I called about the pistol today and its supposed to be shipping next week.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
My CZ PO7 arrived today and I took it to the range. My first impression of the pistol was that it was much lighter weight than my CZ 40P (Very similar to CZ P01). Second thought was I don't like the grip. I've changed my mind a little bit on that, its just very different. My CZ 40P has the nice squishy grips that make it a pleasure to hold. Not so on this guy. The grips aren't terrible, just more glockish or other polys. Its comfy in the hand though.

Looking down the sites they are glock style with the |__| and the line painted on the front site rather than dots like my other CZ. I don't like these type of sites as well. For me its not as quick, but perhaps with practice that will come.

Another note that VB has pointed out is the slide sites much lower in the frame. So much so that its really hard right now with the gun being new to lock back the slide. It'll loosen up with time, but it kind of sucks to lock it back right now. The magazine release is conviently placed just like all of them, and the mags drop free smoothly. I am a big fan of decockers, and this one is an ambi decocker. I think I like the decocker location on my other CZ better. Its a little farther back, so it doesn't get in the way. I think its just getting used to it more.

This gun is very lightweight compared with the steel frame CZs so that is a pleasure.

Anyway range report. I loaded the mags with 5 in them and began to shoot. I think the trigger on this guy is very nice. Its a short clean pull. I dont know the weight but it seems pretty darn light, much lighter than the other CZ. The trigger seems thinner than the other CZ as well. I have to disagree with VB in that I don't think that the trigger reset is nice. When the pistol has ammo in the bang chamber its in single action. The single action reset is very clean and light. Now if you try the trigger reset in double action..... it goes all the way back to a full double action pull. That is AWFUL for a reset.. .but its double action. I have no issues with that. The recoil on the CZ feels very light. As VB pointed out this is likely due to it sitting lower in the slide? I'm not sure if thats the reason why, but this thing did not have very much recoil. It was very easy to get back on target quickly and accurately. My shots were a bit spread out, but I was trying to fire quickly.

So the bottom line is, its cheap, its accurate, its light weight. I'll have to get used to the grip and the slide and the decocker location, but so far so good. As for it being compact i'm not so sure I would call it that. My Walther PPS is world's smaller when it comes to carrying concealed, but I dont think it would be improbable to carry this thing.

Links to videos

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk231/thadbme/?action=view&current=P1050182.flv
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk231/thadbme/?action=view&current=P1050183.flv

Pictures with family

Size Comparison

Width compared with PPS

Down the sites

1 - 20 of 35 Posts