XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been interested in the XCR ever since it first came out, but I didn't want another .223 rifle, and 6.8 is kind of expensive, but now with all the great reviews of the 7.62x39, I gotta have ONE.

The only thing I can't make up my mind about is the length of the stock, and what kind of optics for it..... ;D

BTW - Great site, and everyone seems to be extremely friendly..... ;)

·
Registered
874 Posts
Welcome Mkinla. I am sure you will enjoy your 7.62x39. I don't have one yet cause I am in Canada but I do have one ordered. Hopefully I will have it by Christmas.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Mkinla. I am sure you will enjoy your 7.62x39. I don't have one yet cause I am in Canada but I do have one ordered. Hopefully I will have it by Christmas.
Thank MrSmitty. I've always liked the 39mm round, and I think Robinson got it right with their rifle. I do have a question, I wonder if SOCOM would have picked the XCR if the prices would be less or higher, who knows, but I do know they made the wrong decision. ;)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I not sure if S.O.C.O.M ever tested it,but in other military tests it was disqualified(in my understanding) because they forgot to ship the blank firing adapter with the rifle.Either way,If they would have decided to go with the XCR I'm sure they would have "negotiated" a price.There are more politics involved in those kind of decisions then there is common sense and reasoning ability.
I believe though if it were picked,the price would come down a little because they would have had to add more production capability.The general rule is that any time you make more of something production costs aren't as high,thereby allowing the manufacturer to pass that savings on
By the way welcome to the "clan", I seriously doubt you will regret your choice.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Welcome, you made a good choice. When will you get your new rifle?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the family mkinla

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, you made a good choice. When will you get your new rifle?
I was planning on placing my order tomorrow, but someone mentioned that I should talk to AussieArms, and he'd get me a good deal. I should probably shoot him a pm....

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hopefully C products has the magazine issues worked out. That seems to be the only remaining possible kink in the x39 plan. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome! You will not be disappointed with the rifle or Terra's customer support if you need it. Also, the folks on this forum are great too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts