XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and the XCR. I was wondering how much play between the upper and lower receiver is normal. How much of a gap should be visible. I am also used to having two take down pins, any worries about the way the XCR breaks open. Thanks for your thoughts and comments. I'm sure I will have more questions as I get into but this is a start. I can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The wobble in my receivers isn't any more or less than an AR, same with the gap you mention. I really like the takedown on the XCR without having to mess with a takedown pin. It's quick and has never just popped open on its own nor do I think that's much of a problem, it's pretty secure.

Welcome to the forum too!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Not sure what you are worried about with the takedown pins, the XCR wont ever have a pin walk out on you like an AR would. It doesn't open as far as the AR but I haven't relly had the need for it to. The gap between the upper and lower is the same, as M11 said. The concept is the same as an AR, lower makes it go bang, upper is the important part. The play between the 2 isn't much of a concern.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Shot it today just after an ice storm. I think I am going to like it. Handles very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts