XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I've been reading your forum since I became interested in the XCR. A good and informative forum indeed and best source of info on this firearm. And Ms. Shrewsbury has been responsive and helpful in the few questions I asked her.

It's been over 35 years since I fired a .223/5.56N but have decided that I want to add one to my small collection as a 60th birthday gift to self. Currently have an Arsenal AK and a Mossberg 590 and several handguns. have handled the SIG 556 (the other candidate) and found an XCR at a store in adjoining state that I plan to play with tomorrow. If I like it over the SIG (which I fully expect) I'll likely be placing an order soon with the factory since it seems nobody in Virginia currently has one. I'm already making a list of questions that I'd like to pose to this group regarding options (sights, stock, barrel, etc.). Your replies seem knowledgeable and sincere and I look forward to learning more from you all.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If you are happy with a "stock" configuration, you can save a lot of time by ordering from a stocking dealer than from the factory. The factory can take quite a while to deliver one rifle, depending on unseen factors such as, I would assume, parts availability. It will be faster if you can find a dealer that has one in stock that suits your needs.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hello - I've been reading your forum since I became interested in the XCR. A good and informative forum indeed and best source of info on this firearm. And Ms. Shrewsbury has been responsive and helpful in the few questions I asked her.

It's been over 35 years since I fired a .223/5.56N but have decided that I want to add one to my small collection as a 60th birthday gift to self. Currently have an Arsenal AK and a Mossberg 590 and several handguns. have handled the SIG 556 (the other candidate) and found an XCR at a store in adjoining state that I plan to play with tomorrow. If I like it over the SIG (which I fully expect) I'll likely be placing an order soon with the factory since it seems nobody in Virginia currently has one. I'm already making a list of questions that I'd like to pose to this group regarding options (sights, stock, barrel, etc.). Your replies seem knowledgeable and sincere and I look forward to learning more from you all.

Thank you.
AS someone else already said, if you arent looking for anything special, than buying from a stocking dealer is the way to go. Ordering from the factory means a wait time. There are plenty of XCR's in circulation. Enough where almost no one should be waiting.

Take at a peek at this thread: http://xcrforum.com/index.php/topic,989.0.html

Ordering from any of those guys will get you your XCR in about 4 or 5 days.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Poochee welcome to the family. When I bought my XCR I was going through the same as you no go stores or guns in Virginia had any XCR's then either so I bought mine out of blind faith after reading over this forum, I have no regrets the weapon is great and the customer service is even better. I ordered my XCR from Roy at Aussie Arms and it was great doing business with him you should send him a PM through this forum. I picked a Sig the other day and man am I glad I got an XCR. What part of VA are you in?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses, folks. Responsive and helpful, as I've seen elsewhere on this forum. I found a place in Maryland that has an XCR in stock, so I'm going there today to check it out. Don't need to shoot one before buying, juct check out the features, placement of controls and feel. I know it will shoot well; it's a 223 after all.

The advice on getting a stock item from a dealer rather than go to the factory is solid. My ideal, however (I think), is to get heavy-barreled stripped-down version...with the intent of adding a SOCOM M4 folding stock and a hand-picked BUIS package (also suggested on this forum) myself. Having said that, I'll probably also check out two fairly close dealers (such as Aussie Arms and Pitbull Firearms) to see what they have in stock or in the pipeline, check price and how they're configured...then make a decision. If I could get a good price from a dealer, it still might be worth picking one up then do a little tweaking. Time of delivery is a factor but not critical as long as it's not extended.

Tacweapon, I live in NoVa in the Springfield area.

Thanks to all for the good counsel.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Good Luck with your search, I am in the Shenandoah Valley so I am not going to be much help for you, but I believe 1redgmc on this forum lives near you, you might want to send him a PM he might be able to help you out so more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts