XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but after I disassembled my rifle for a complete cleaning, I noticed a slight rattle after being reassembled. Found it to be the gas tube moving slightly after I re-tightened the barrel. Is this normal? I don't have a ton of rounds through the gun and wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
If your talking about a little forward/backward play then yes,completely normal.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
matt, i'm gonna have to put you on the payroll if you keep stealing my thunder.
My apologies sweetheart ;D You know I love ya!! I could never steal your thunder,you are the XCR Goddess!!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'm sure it's been covered somewhere, but after I disassembled my rifle for a complete cleaning, I noticed a slight rattle after being reassembled. Found it to be the gas tube moving slightly after I re-tightened the barrel. Is this normal? I don't have a ton of rounds through the gun and wanted to make sure I didn't screw something up. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
This is normal. The tolerences are loose, because if it was tight or captive it would impact accuracy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts