XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here.

Well, I ordered my XCR 5.56 earlier today, I opted for the folding M4 adaptor w/o a stock, and I was wondering what my options were as far as normal AR stocks go (like the Magpul PRS), and if anything special was needed to install them?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
You only need the same tools that you would use when installing the stock on an AR. Enjoy your purchase.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hey guys, new here.

Well, I ordered my XCR 5.56 earlier today, I opted for the folding M4 adaptor w/o a stock, and I was wondering what my options were as far as normal AR stocks go (like the Magpul PRS), and if anything special was needed to install them?
Make sure you buy the corresponding buffer tube and castle nut and you'll be good to go

·
Registered
268 Posts
You need an A1/A2 buffer tube, like the following:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=489724

DON'T get the "carbine" buffer tube.

Some have said to get a castle nut, too:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Receiver-Extention-Nut-Castle-Nut-p/nut%20receiver%20extention.htm

but I think the castle nut is just for carbine/M4 style stocks. Anyone who knows for sure please correct me, if I'm wrong.

You don't need the actual buffer or spring. I have my PRS installed with just the tube from my first post, and it works ok. My only complaint is that there isn't anything to prevent the stock from rotating on the tube except the bolt that screws into the end of the buffer tube, and friction. The stock has a nub at the lower front that is designed to engage a hole in the receiver end plate on a standard AR, but has nowhere to go on an XCR. Can anyone here suggest any solutions to this problem?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The buffer tube you need is defined by the stock you put on.

I put an AR "entry" (aka "stubby") stock - one of the shortened A1 type fixed stocks - on one of my XCRs. It took a carbine length buffer tube but without the telestock rib on the bottom.

On another XCR, I put a Magpul CTR stock. It needed the carbine length buffer tube, but with the telestock rib on the bottom.

In "messing around" with the stock situation, I've put A1/A2 buffer tubes on there, midlength tubes (they come with the Sully stock - what I prefer for AR15 usage!), carbine length tubes (all without telestock ribs) and the carbine length with rib. Just depends on what kind of stock you're going to throw on there.

Fair warning - if you put an A1 type stock on there, it won't 'clear' with the XCR stock adapter. The locating tab of the stock hits the adapter before it's all the way forward. To fix that, I had my machinist notch the adapter to accept the locating tab..... that way the stock can't rotate on the round buffer tube.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One other question, how do I know if my order went through or not? Do I get any notification?

Btw thanks for the advice guys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too ordered on the robarms website about a month ago and never received a confirming e-mail. I also sent a couple of follow-up e-mails and left a couple of voice messages, but didn't receive a response. Hmm. Maybe I'll try e-mailing again or calling on Monday.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered mine the very first of december never got an e-mail but I got pro-active and called and allison said mine is shipping first of jan.!!!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If I recall correctly you won get an order confirmation from Robarm. You can always email and they will send you something.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think RA sends out a order confirmation email. I get the impression that they are too busy building rifles. Most order confirmations that companies send out are a automated response.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
our system is not automated... so it's up to one of us to follow up with you guys. I still have a stack of orders I'm trying to get through... you might well hear from me today. :duh:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
our system is not automated... so it's up to one of us to follow up with you guys. I still have a stack of orders I'm trying to get through... you might well hear from me today. :duh:
Hey hey, so I did, thank you very much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts