XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my XCR-M in .308. Looking forward to getting it and putting it through its paces. Long time gun owner and .308 shooter. Currently own a Scar 17, K&M Arms M-17S 308, several Fals, HK's .308 AR's among others. Hoping the XCR is all that i imagine it will be. 5 months lead time to get so by then i will have read every review, post and opinion i can find. Which is probably a mistake. Hope to learn and contribute.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome, just curious what your thoughts are on the k&m, I'm a couple months in on my wait for a 16" m17 308? You'll enjoy the xcr-m, I have a type 2.5 in od green that is one of my favorite rifles I own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome, just curious what your thoughts are on the k&m, I'm a couple months in on my wait for a 16" m17 308? You'll enjoy the xcr-m, I have a type 2.5 in od green that is one of my favorite rifles I own.
I really like the KM M17. I have a 16"black rifle. Added an Atibal scope with a one piece mount. Good shooter, Great trigger. I have an RFB, AUG-A3 and an FS 2000 I like the KM best. Easy to take apart and service, accurate and just cool. It's a Super nice rifle and there located just a few miles from me should a need for parts or service arise. I ordered mine and picked up directly from Ken at the old shop. For my XCR I ordered a green heavy barrel 18.6" rifle. Wanted to make it sort of a DMR type setup and possibly replace several other rifles.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cool, this will be my first bullpup but have had hands on with an RDB and a tavor. I liked the fact than Ken is a small business owner and as I am as well I like to support the little guy. That's a lot of what drew me to Robinson as well. Never try and replace a bunch of good guns with something that should be able to do it all, as much of a fine philosophy as the one gun that can do anything is, shit breaks and you never know when you need to Patriot it and have multiple backups. Besides you have good taste in guns and you'll probably never find it again for what you've got it for. Getting rid of guns is just something we say from time to time to uphold appearances.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, this will be my first bullpup but have had hands on with an RDB and a tavor. I liked the fact than Ken is a small business owner and as I am as well I like to support the little guy. That's a lot of what drew me to Robinson as well. Never try and replace a bunch of good guns with something that should be able to do it all, as much of a fine philosophy as the one gun that can do anything is, shit breaks and you never know when you need to Patriot it and have multiple backups. Besides you have good taste in guns and you'll probably never find it again for what you've got it for. Getting rid of guns is just something we say from time to time to uphold appearances.
Very good advice and very true.... I almost never sell guns, just trying to justify another purchase i really didn't need lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very good advice and very true.... I almost never sell guns, just trying to justify another purchase i really didn't need lol.
[/QUOTE]

Lol I understand that

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I have been an XCR (6.8 SPC, 5.56, 300 BLKT) & M96 owner for many years . I have yet to buy an M but a good friend of mine bought a .308 and loves it.
My latest XCR was purchased in September and delivered in March. An M is on my list just because!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My gen 1 556 is a tac driver, when I do my part I can put a 30rd mag into a group the size of a 50 cent piece at a 100yds. My gen 2.5 308 is about a 3" group.. it's not the most accurate 308 I own but certainly the most fun to shoot! Also I took 3 deer with my M this last year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also once you've got one they're kinda like grimlins and multiply in the safe... I'm not sure how it keeps happening but my wallet isn't fond of it lol I'm up to 3 and a half xcrs in a little over a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts