41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21,970 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
My rifle was tendered to FedEx today. I guess they were waiting for the check to clear or for the ATF to give their blessing. Regardless, it should be here Friday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Here it is:

It appears cosmetically perfect and the action feels very smooth. Unfortunately, it's in jail now at my local gun store. I should be able to get it in about six to nine months. A guy in the store at the same time I was inspecting it asked why I just didn't get an AK. I said that I have that base covered too. He replied that it's an abomination. He then said that he really likes my Cetme LC (SBR) that came in at the same time. I like the Cetme LC too, but more so from a historical standpoint. There's no doubt that the XCR_L is a much more modern design. Fun times ahead...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Unfortunately, it's in jail now at my local gun store.
I don't get it, why is your gun being grounded for so long? Is it a state regulation? I bought mine used and I only had to wait a day after it arrived before I could pick it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It's a short barrel rifle. Due to the National Firearms Act (NFA), I have to buy a $200 stamp and wait for federal governmental approval before I can take possession. The same would hold true for short barrel shotguns, suppressors and machine guns.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I was well in to SBR's before braces became an option, so "they" already have me on their list. A few months wait for a proper stock is worth it to me.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts