XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y’all Nice to meet others with a niche gun. Don’t know much about the platform would like to hear about things learned over your experiences. Also is a fast stock worth it?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
277 Posts
I like the fast2, and the acr stock. Both have a lot of adjustment. The gearworks brace is also pretty usable, although it leaves a bit to be desired in the grip department when shooting with a PC.
Overall pretty happy with my rifles, taken them into some crazy conditions. Hike with them on the regular. About 15k combined between 2 of them. I've replaced 1 extractor/spring.
It's a little heavier than other rifles, but the fit/finish and ergos are top tier. I do wish CHF CL barrels were an option, but none of my barrels have started to open up yet.

·
Registered
23,091 Posts
IMO, I like the FAST better than anything else for this platform. I do wish they'd come out with a modified version to correct some things that could be optimized, but that's not going to happen and I've just accepted it.

As for the platform, it's my favorite as well. I can't imagine you will find anything in the market with the reliability, ergos and configurability (different bbls/calibers/uppers available to actually buy). The XCR is extremely unique in that regard. It's also EXTREMELY simple to work on without any specialty gunsmithing tools.

I highly recommend it....over anything else frankly.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
53 Posts
I recommend the XCR platform. I have three: a 2014 XCR-M .308 that was upgraded last year; and I added two more last year, a 9.5” 300 Black Out XCR-L “pistol“ and a 14.6” .223 Wylde XCR-L. They are my favorite guns for ergonomics. Also very accurate. Light recoil.

The hybrid design components are brilliant and the manufacturing is top notch. There are problems we hear about from time to time, but the wide spread of immediate info on the internet can make them sound abnormal. RA is willing to make things right.

Like many small businesses, RA has struggled with supply chain problems the past two years. As well, small improvements have been made through the years as experience dictates.

As a lover of the FN FAL I see many of that fine rifle’s features in the XCR. One is the adjustable gas system. For those unfamiliar with it, it can cause operating problems. For those who learn how to use it, it is a great benefit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recommend the XCR platform. I have three: a 2014 XCR-M .308 that was upgraded last year; and I added two more last year, a 9.5” 300 Black Out XCR-L “pistol“ and a 14.6” .223 Wylde XCR-L. They are my favorite guns for ergonomics. Also very accurate. Light recoil.

The hybrid design components are brilliant and the manufacturing is top notch. There are problems we hear about from time to time, but the wide spread of immediate info on the internet can make them sound abnormal. RA is willing to make things right.

Like many small businesses, RA has struggled with supply chain problems the past two years. As well, small improvements have been made through the years as experience dictates.

As a lover of the FN FAL I see many of that fine rifle’s features in the XCR. One is the adjustable gas system. For those unfamiliar with it, it can cause operating problems. For those who learn how to use it, it is a great benefit.
When you mention upgraded - what in particular did RA do?

·
Registered
23,091 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts