XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
Hmm....look a bit thinner. Which is good....they needed to be trimmed down.

Reactions: GunRfun

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
id love to get a thinner handguard but probably dont want to wait 8 months to get one
Yeah, it's one of the reasons I go Keymod on my XCRs. That, and KM just retains accessories better. Biggest problem was the industry needed a KM2 with slightly heavier wall and 10-32 screws.

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
More length of the threaded end of the bolts holding rail covers and accessories, sticking out in the barrel cavity?
I've never had this issue....but I also will buy shorter, appropriate hardware if needed to be able to pull the bbl (for example) without having to remove rail sections/accessories.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hope Robinson Armament now offers a slimmer M-LOK handguard because imho the XCR M-LOK was too fat and chunky. Ammo is too expensive so I am never going to change the barrel / caliber therefore I do not need a wide handguard to be able to quickly change the barrel. I know KeyMod is slimmer but I just prefer the looks of M-LOK and I have standardized all my mounts to M-LOK.

Is this actually a new slim XCR M-LOK handguard option or does it just look slimmer from that picture angle ?
When ordering a new rifle or pistol, how can we be sure to get a slimmer M-LOK handguard instead of the chunky XCR M-LOK ?
Thanks in advance to anyone with helpful replies (y)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hope Robinson Armament now offers a slimmer M-LOK handguard because imho the XCR M-LOK was too fat and chunky. Ammo is too expensive so I am never going to change the barrel / caliber therefore I do not need a wide handguard to be able to quickly change the barrel. I know KeyMod is slimmer but I just prefer the looks of M-LOK and I have standardized all my mounts to M-LOK.

Is this actually a new slim XCR M-LOK handguard option or does it just look slimmer from that picture angle ?
When ordering a new rifle or pistol, how can we be sure to get a slimmer M-LOK handguard instead of the chunky XCR M-LOK ?
Thanks in advance to anyone with helpful replies (y)
i tried asking alex robinson but he didnt respond.
judging by how my new barrel is getting close to shipping a year after the order date, id say theyre busy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Some measurements:

(I'm going to remeasure this later on to make sure I managed to remember the correct numbers long enough to type this.)

Last year's XCR-L MLOK handguard width: 1.52 inches
With Leapers Low Profile handguard covers: 1.68 inches

Norinco NHM90 original wood handguard sanded and stained: 1.52 inches

I have been trying to figure out how to make a AK style handguard cover for the XCR, with the bulge toward the receiver end (a more subtle angled handguard), and possibly the widened lower section that I think they call a "Polish Swell".
I'm not sure now if that's really needed. The 1.68 inches with the Leapers seems good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are all of the slots M-Lok? Or just 3,6,and 9 o’clock?
I had the same question.

I didn't follow up after Sean's response, but after reading his response and taking a good look, the lower diagonal slots (4:30 and 7:30 positions) do not have the same seat thickness, are too close to the barrel to fit the nut or any bolt sticking through the nut, and may be curved on the rear face, instead of flat. The upper diagonal slots (1:30 and 10:30 positions) are also have a thinner seat surface, and are reverse curved to go up over the gas assembly.

Conclusion was that they are decorative slots matching the appearance of the adjacent actual MLOK slots (3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 positions), and function only for air circulation and cooling of the barrel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Rectangle

New from Robinsons twitter, M chassis with keymod. does that handguard look thinner then the old keymod too? That no joke looks thinner than my L-mlok handguard lmao

·
Registered
23,047 Posts
View attachment 15715

New from Robinsons twitter, M chassis with keymod. does that handguard look thinner then the old keymod too? That no joke looks thinner than my L-mlok handguard lmao
The KeyMods have always been thinner. They have no need for the raised bed for the MLok.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Robinson just posted this pic on their instagram. Are the new MLOK handguards slimmer or is that just because of the viewing angle?

View attachment 15687
Do any of you know what the exact width is of the "new" M-LOK handguards on the XCR-L ?
For comparison, would somebody also reply with the exact width on the older wider M-LOK handguard and the KeyMod handguard ?

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies with measurements.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts