XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope Robinson Armament now offers a slimmer M-LOK handguard because imho the XCR M-LOK was too fat and chunky. Ammo is too expensive so I am never going to change the barrel / caliber therefore I do not need a wide handguard to be able to quickly change the barrel. I know KeyMod is slimmer but I just prefer the looks of M-LOK and I have standardized all my mounts to M-LOK.

Is this actually a new slim XCR M-LOK handguard option or does it just look slimmer from that picture angle ?
When ordering a new rifle or pistol, how can we be sure to get a slimmer M-LOK handguard instead of the chunky XCR M-LOK ?
Thanks in advance to anyone with helpful replies (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Robinson just posted this pic on their instagram. Are the new MLOK handguards slimmer or is that just because of the viewing angle?

View attachment 15687
Do any of you know what the exact width is of the "new" M-LOK handguards on the XCR-L ?
For comparison, would somebody also reply with the exact width on the older wider M-LOK handguard and the KeyMod handguard ?

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies with measurements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
View attachment 15719
Here's what my calipers are measuring on one of the newer thin M-LOK handguards. While I really, really love how the thin profile feels in the hand, I can't remove the barrel unless most I remove most of the attachments on it. Even railscale covers pose an issue.
Thanks everyone for taking the time to give feedback and share good information.

For me personally I do not plan on ever changing calibers and or removing the barrel.

Since I will not be removing the barrel, will all accessory attachments like grips and lights etc. still attach to the new thinner M-LOK handguards ?

With the new slimmer M-LOK handguard, will standard Magpul M-LOK Screws hit the barrel when the T-Nuts are tightened all the way down or will the screws cause an issue only IF you try to remove the barrel ?

If the screws do touch the barrel, could they just be sanded down a bit and still hold properly ?

Thanks again for any feedback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts