XCR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. First I want to say this forum is GREAT-the info and atmosphere here were definitely a factor in going with the XCR. I am an LEO in CA, so I am working on getting my paper work pushed through CA DOJ so that I can fully enjoy my XCR like those of you in the Free World. In the mean time, here's what I'm stuck with. I got the CA Version 1, folding stock, bullet button, long flash suppressor. Now that I have it, I cant stand the long FS, so I'm considering "fixing" the stock, along the lines of a bolt through the hinge block-I won't desecrate it with a home chop-job, I'll have a machinist do it. I also ordered a Phantom FS, intending to have the barrel cut and FS permanently attached to keep it about 16.5. I'm looking for a little input on my choice of FH (I really like the Smith Vortex, and the Blackout), but the Phantom seems to be a good unit, too, and about half the price. I will someday make my escape over the wall to a free state, and I will get a suppressor, and probably SBR as well. The Phantom has the second ring for suppressor attachment, but how many systems are there, and which is best? Permanent attachment will rule out barrel threads. Am I being cheap on the stock? I will want the folder when my paperwork goes through, and $150 seems like a lot for a fixed stock I won't use later. Any other ideas? I think it would fit the definition of a fixed stock as it would need tools and time to restore folding capability. Finally, any recommendations for a shop to cut barrel and attach the FS would be great. I see ADCO is recommended for around $80, I think someone had it done by Daniel Defense for $50, and RA for $50 as well, but with longer turn around. Thanks for the input.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
checkout calguns.net. they can answer all your questions about xcr config and such and educate you on the local laws there. tell them ericcartmann sent ya, i am probably one of their favorite members there ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts