XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the Walther forum sight, and voted on as many computers as I could. >:D

http://www.pbs.org/now/polls/poll-435.html

As of this writing Palin leads 51 to 48%. Lets give it to them with both barrels!

"Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!"

·
Registered
204 Posts
You gotta figure PBS is about as left wing as NPR, so most all of the 51% is from everyone from all the forums hitting the poll.
By the way, has anyone actually ever listened to NPR? I mean, IMHO it SUCKS. Totally boring, with totally boring commentators and guests. On my commute to work frequently I will have my radio on scan, when it stops on NPR, I sometimes switch it to AM...sux that bad.

Rant off!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to chime in on PBS's behalf.  I have been watching their election coverage for a few months now, and I have to say that although the hosts may lean left, they go out of their way to provide fair coverage and commentary from both sides.  Another thing is that the news that is reported is not nearly as sensational (boring?) as the major networks'.  With no advertisers to placate with high ratings, it seems that the news they report is just that.

I could give two shits about the fear mongering or feel-good ratings-driven puss that flows forth from the ad-machine in my living room.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have to say in the past I have watched "Frontline" they seem to be more of the facts then what is sensational. I can't stand CNN and FoxNews tries, but its still very sensational. :2cents: I always liked Edward R. Murows style of reporting. Or Joe Friday "Just the facts mam, just the facts."

I sent my absentee ballot in last week. I vote in CA so I hope my vote is one that tips the scales a little. When I get my XCR I can't take it home... I also have to leave my 13 rnd magazines for my Glock 21C. Oh well.... Stupid gun laws.... :mad:

Cary

·
Registered
56 Posts
Speaking of CA, my parents live in Palmdale.  They placed a "Vote Yes on Prop 8" (nullify gay marriage) sign in their yard and the next day they woke to find that some fucktards paintballed their house.  Not just a wash job either. It knocked chunks of stucco off, mangled the new style poly trim around the windows, etc.  Brand new $600k home.

"Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction

Added - Try that at my house and you're likely to get shot. How am I supposed to tell the difference between a pintball gun and a REAL gun in the dark of night?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I bet that won't get reported by the local news or CNN... :2cents: Anyway, I voted aganst the same prop. Like I said I feel my vote will do better in CA.

How do you like ur XCR? I'm saving to get one right now. I should have by the middle of next January. I just got promoted in the USAF so the pay check is a little bigger. ;D After Christmas I can look at getting my own XCR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts