XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a couple of the P225/P6 West German Sigs that are being imported by CAI. One of them is mine, the other I'm refinishing for a customer. I'm seriously considering buying several of these to refinish and overhaul.

Basically, these are German Departmental trade-ins. Some of you may have seen these making their way into local shops. For the cost, they absolutely cannot be beat. Not going to post any prices here, but they can be had for a very affordable amount of money. Round count seems to be average to low. Severe holster and handling wear on these. I'm replacing all the springs (although, they don't seem to need it). Bores are immaculate.

They are single stack 9x19mm, so 8+1 is what you get, but being the slimline guns they are, they make for a great carry, and I *might* actually replace my daily carry (Sig P229R) with this baby. The 229 prints, whereas this does not. Extremely tight grouping at the range.

I've reworked my phosphating a bit, played with the chemistry, and am now getting a very black, thick manganese park on the slides. The original finish was a non-polished bluing. Came back with tan DuraCoat on the frame. Gonna re-anodize the frame on the other and do black all over.

The pictures are very poor, as they were taken in low-light. The tan appears to be almost white, but it isn't. They seem to clean up and refinish very well. I'm happy.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Looks Nice, I may have to look into this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got one from J&G and it appears to be never fired/used. I paid extra for one of the hand select ones though. The date stamp on it shows May 1980. Shoots nice and the price and quality is right.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've been thinking of buying one of those two, but was a little worried about over usage.

I just got a two tone P239 for a carry gun, and I am getting hooked on Sigs. I am even considering selling my Beretta 90-Two and get a P226 or ones of these "used" ones for my home protection gun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Call up J&G and pay the extra $ for guns in the best condition (about $290). You will not be sorry if it works out the same for you as it did for me ;D. Get the extra mag for $20 too while your at it. I just noticed that the P6 is on backorder now over there though, in case you wanted it right away. I know AIM has them too, but I cannot vouch for their gun grading practices although it is probably great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts