XCR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Im new to the forum and new to the XCR. I ordered 2 XCR one in 12inch and one in 16inch and cant wait to get them. I hope i dont have to wait as long as i have for my LWRC. One thing i wanted to find out is how long before they get the 1/7 twist barrel out. Also was it a good or bad idea that i ordered them both with heavy barrel's? When you compare them to ar-15 how to you guys feel, are they better same pros and cons please. Thanks for any info you can give me and as soon as i get them i will post pics.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the Family HK45T

I am not sure about the 1/7 barrels. I have a 16 inch heavy for now but in the class I took I discovered that for all practical use the weight of the heavy barrel adds unnessacary weight, I previously had a light barrel and between the two I did not notice much different in accuracy, but I do not shoot it from the bench unless I am sighting in a optic.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Welcome. I'll leave the light/heavy debate to someone else more qualified. I have light barrels and they get the job done. How long you been waiting for your LWRC?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anybody know what the weight different is between the heavy and light barrel in the 5.56 thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts