XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really into the SCAR-H so, I am wondering about the XCR but, info on them is pretty scarce and generally pretty negative. In terms of long delays, your looking at a KAC guy so, ~3 years on an SR-25 and about ~2 1/2 years on an LPR! LMT is better but, not by a lot!

Best Regards,
Sid

· Registered
23,255 Posts
What's your question?

Yes, the wait will likely be 8 months to a year or a few months more if you want a specific set up.

"Negative"....in what way? The biggest issues are long wait, typically not better than 1MOA accurate and on the heavy side....as well as being a boutique gun that means you should buy spare parts JIC RobArms goes out of business.

Typically speaking, quality is good....but mistakes happen from the factory more often than I'm sure they'd like. That said, the platform is absolutely the easiest for an 'end user' to repair if there is any sort of problem so unless you're a total moron with no tools, you should be able to fix it.

· Registered
617 Posts
Wait time is around 6 months from what I’ve seen.

The gun works very well, and is built well. But the size of the company can be troublesome when you need stuff fast.

On occasion they send an email out with ready to ship rifles, but you have to jump on them fast. Usually 3-5 available. So get on their newsletter list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
310 Posts
info on them is pretty scarce and generally pretty negative.
Check out this thread (last couple of pages) with links to many more vids than most of us here knew were out there.

Negatives are the wait for an ordered gun and the issues that come with being a small company. Haven’t heard much on negatives of the actual platform, outside of those that heard from their mom’s brother’s cousin‘s former roommate that it was bad…they had no direct experience with any XCR.

I‘ve been an owner since 05/06 and now have 3, including a M, and I’d put the platform up against anything I own or have shot for all around performance. Just my 2 cents…

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is the weight, handling qualities, recoil and, overall performance compared to a typical AR-10? Is the rifle a good choice for fast follow up shots and walking around with? And, any good dealers in East Texas, East of Dallas?

· Registered
23,255 Posts
How is the weight, handling qualities, recoil and, overall performance compared to a typical AR-10? Is the rifle a good choice for fast follow up shots and walking around with? And, any good dealers in East Texas, East of Dallas?
As I said in the other thread: weight is a wash for the vast, overwhelming majority of AR10s vs. the -M. Handling?....the ergos are better than the AR10 by far. Recoil isn't really any different than the AR10, IME....I run a brake on my 9.5" and 12" and both are exactly what you'd expect from a .308 that is that short. Follow ups are never going to be as fast as 5.56 by nature of the round.

Best stocking dealer in the country is probably Kermit Zahm at Wild Thang Farms in Idaho.

He goes by Gramps96Kz here: Gramps96Kz

You can PM him here to ask what he has in stock.

Calling him is best: 208-869-1616

Leave a message though....he doesn't answer calls he doesn't recognize the number from.

Reactions: Northern

· Registered
3,641 Posts
Quick change caliber conversion, ridiculously good ergos, adjustable gas, a damn good trigger and durable as a rock. And an Uber reliable operation system.

I don't like AR-10's for the most part. AR-10's tend to be finicky and there is no milspec, so they tend to be boutique also. I don't find the AR-10 to be very robust.

· Super Moderator
327 Posts
I'd say ergos and reliability in inclement conditions (I've shot my rifles down to -35) are big factors. It also has a large bolt/ejector to eat 7.62 based food groups without issues. It's a flexible platform on a monolithic upper, there really isn't anything else out there that can fire as many different intermediate cartridges as this thing without problems. For me the extra few oz are a small sacrifice to be able to feed everything with a bolt/barrel/firing pin swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts