XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my 2nd post and I've been doing a lot of reading here since I signed on.

I went to my local dealer (Ammo Bros.) here in California to look at the Saiga 12 gauge Shotgun which they don't handle and noticed the XCR for the 1st time. I handled it (read fondle) and liked the solid feel & look of the weapon. Went home that night to search the internet for feedback on it and found this forum. Called a retired LEO friend of mine and he said he bought one the last time Los Angeles was burning and loves it.
So, off I go back to the store to make my purchase and asked the counter guy how many magazines came with it after writing up the deal. He replies there's only one. (I know I paid a premium but I can live with it)

So, my question. What do I expect to receive when I pick up my XCR next Tuesday? Every semi auto pistol I've purchased came with two clips, I had expected at least 2 (10 rnd) magazines.

Great forum, learning a lot here.

TIA

-JIM

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Jim,

I purchased mine used and it came with the BUIS, rail covers, an ergo grip, and one GI magazine. I understand the new flavors come with BUIS (if you pay for them) and a single 30 round magazine.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Welcome, you will enjoy it. The guns come with 1 mag, a 30 rounder where legal. That is about on par with every rifle manufacturer. I will go ahead and assume that you are only allowed to purchase 10 rounders there in Kali.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ALL for the responses,

I'm going to the AZ. fairgrounds Crossroads gun show this Sunday to see what's available there as far as "accessories". But to be honest, I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas to come. Every time I have to wait for the DROS, its the longest 10 days of my life.

Terra, I will be calling you after I receive the rifle to get the parts kit, I like having things like that handy and not having to wait for them when I need them.

Thanks Again!

-JIM

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Remember, no need to pay too much for mags. Don't let them rape you at the gunshow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
0000031905 said:
Go to Riflegear.com they have all the stuff your looking for and can get anything you need fast. They are in Costa mesa ca,. when I am in cali and need something that is were I go... FYI no one calls them clips only in the movies and if your a wannabe gangster . Not telling you what to say, just proper gun talk. Most People call them.. mags or magazine. I have family down there and come to visit allot we should go shoot at burro canyon some time it is a great spot in the azusa mountains. Peace :)
Hey docky, I know exactly where burro canyon is. I like to ride the Azusa canyon roads. That's me with the large forehead in the the middle of the back row next to the bald guy.

Thanks for the Riflegear tip, I want to spend wisely and only do it once. PM me when you're heading this way and we'll go out and punch some holes in paper. I should have a few extra mags in my possession by then.

-JIM

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, you will enjoy it. The guns come with 1 mag, a 30 rounder where legal. That is about on par with every rifle manufacturer. I will go ahead and assume that you are only allowed to purchase 10 rounders there in Kali.
Yes, 10 rounds here but I'll see what its like to shop in a free state this weekend.

Remember, no need to pay too much for mags. Don't let them rape you at the gunshow.
I used to build computers for fun when I had more time, and I learned how to work a show.

I kinda like Prescott AZ. and its on my short list for retirement.

-JIM

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yes, Prescott is a nice area. I stayed at a little B&B when my wife went to Gunsite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts