XCR Forum banner

new XCR fan

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Vinz 
#1 ·
Hi all,
First time poster long time reader. (2 weeks now)
I've been on the market for a new gun for about a year now. After going back and forth between a Bushmaster Carbon 15 and another brand I nearly gave up. Finding a good multi use rifle is hard in California...yes I'm from Cali but please don't hate me. I have Nevada in my heart.

...long story short, after browsing youtube for Spikes tactical video I found Variablebinary's video and I was reeled in. The search began...but ended with very negative results. None of my local dealers will help me out with a FFL transfer. Mainly in fear of flack from the gov.

So for now I'm doing more research and trying to hold on to my funds. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for all the great info here with out all the drama of other sites.

Vinz in CA

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome. That video is great VB.

Well I visited another gun store.I brought my LE buddy of mine to his store and they are also not willing to take my money. He said they will not touch anything with a bullet tool.

He did say he would be willing to transfer just a stripped down receiver and I would have to build it from there. Very frustrating at this point.

I know, Kali does sucks but I've been here all my life and its what I have to deal with. At least I moved out of San Francisco.

Is there a thread here with transfer information and guidelines details? Not too sure how it works as far as moving between states. I've been the buy over the counter guy so far and I am green in that sense.

Thanks again...my quest continues.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
thanks Mr Smitty, that makes me feel sooo much better! j/k

UPDATE!!! I finally found a (local) dealer today that will work with me. I knew of them from the past but I thought they were closed down. Just happened upon the name here last night.

So, I will be making a call soon...and to think I was going to drive to Lan world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.