XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
The carbine is really nice , ejection port door , rail , i wonder if it is one of the last production run Rifles.
He has it on another site , it is a trade in most likely one of the panic stricken chicken little's who loved the gun until the plague of doom crowd convinced him it was going to self destruct immediately and he couldn't ever recover it because Robarms is going under.
So they sell it or trade it in for $350.00 to a dealer who is thinking what an idiot, then walking out with an SKS feeling like he at least recovered something . Then the dealer sells it for 1600 , It hasn't been that long sense the gun was discontinued , Ive got rifles i shoot all the time that have been out of production 50 years. As long as you don't do something stupid it should last a life time ,then the Mall Ninjas say ,well if the shit hits the fan i couldn't get parts ???
If TSHTF parts for your gun will be the least of your problems before this rifles wears out.

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'd really like to get one of those someday. I was asking Ty about getting an M96 not long before the early XCR pics went public.

I remember when I could walk into Impact Guns and there were M96's on the wall...That was a long time ago

·
Registered
431 Posts
No kidding, I really want to get an M96 some day as well...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better get one before the prices go up HIGHER - or find someone who doesn't know what they have and sells cheap.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The M96 looks like it may follow the path of the HK93 , both of them have a loyal following and the 93 was supposed to just be forgotten and wasn't. I have been watching the 96 on gun sales sites and so far they are holding up well on value ,and the rumors of them selling for $500.00 never happened.
One guy on GB i noticed has bought three of them during the last 3 months .
I believe it is a wait and see approach ,every one is waiting to see what Alex is going to do , but some form of the rifle will exist,or loyalist will build parts for them.
Steel receiver rifles seem to never completely die ,its too easy to repair or build parts for them .
One on E bang went for $2,100.00 ,it had a late Ser# and the one on GB set up as the Bren sold for $3,500.00 .
Even i think that Alex was selling them to cheap for what it was ,and the time invested to make it ,the rifle is in a different league of guns costing 2500 and up ,and if Robarms made one that had all the refinements of the last ones he made i would buy it.
I have heard it referred to with its relation to the M63 , that it is the Harley Davidson equivalent of American Black rifles.
People were selling off the 93 dirt cheap 10 years ago and look at them now , i would not be afraid at all to buy one these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts