1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING!!!!!

Not Safe For Work or sensitive ears.

Much profanity, from Full Metal Jacket

I love that movie. Brings back memories.
"I will PT you all until you f-ing die" LOL
I actually remember hearing that from our DI's!!!

That and "out-f-ing-standing" and "you best un-f yourself" but not the rest.

I think DI's can't cuss at recruits anymore.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Last I heard DI's are not supposed to curse at the Recruits, but I doubt that is always followed

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ah, the memories from 43 years ago.

But my favorite funny war movie dialog was the scene from Good Morning Vietnam where Robin Williams is putting on his commander about using acronyms. I may have to rent it just to hear that monologue again.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yes Indeedy, Twas June 8, 1961, what a wonderful experience....... just like the post. My problem was I couldn't stop laughing. Many, many push ups and such..... for me and eventually for everyone. Didn't make anybody happy. Ha Ha just thinking of it. :thanks: :toast: :shtf:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes Indeedy, Twas June 8, 1962, what a wonderful experience....... just like the post. My problem was I couldn't stop laughing. Many, many push ups and such..... for me and eventually for everyone. Didn't make anybody happy. Ha Ha just thinking of it. :thanks: :toast: :shtf:
Push ups - that reminds me of the first day at Ft Benning going through Jump Training in '66. After dropping for 10 push ups you were supposed to jump up and yell "Airborne!" Of course since we were 20 Air Force cadets in a sea of Army Legs we couldn't do that. We'd yell "Air Force!" or "Still Borne!" and get another few dozen push ups. Back then we thought they'd get tired of making us drop for 10 before we got tired of push ups. It was a classic stand off. They didn't quite have all day because they were on a schedule to get us through the initial processing - even so we did several hundred push ups that day.

Oh to be young again with knees that work and an elbow that bends.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts