XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news...-opposing-weapons-ban-revival-2009-02-26.html

Reid joins Pelosi in opposing weapons ban revival
By J. Taylor Rushing
Posted: 02/26/09 10:17 PM [ET]

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will join House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) in opposing any effort to revive the 1994 assault-weapons ban, putting them on the opposite side of the Obama administration.

Reid spokesman Jim Manley said the Nevada Democrat will preserve his traditional pro-gun rights voting record.

"Sen. Reid would oppose an effort [to] reinstate the ban if the Senate were to vote on it in the future," Manley told The Hill in an e-mail late Thursday night.

It was not immediately clear whether Reid would block the bill from the Senate, but his opposition casts serious doubt on its chances. Also, Manley noted that Reid voted against the ban in 1994 and again when it expired in 2004.

Reid's stance joins him with Pelosi, who told reporters Thursday that the administration had not checked with her before Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters the administration would attempt to reinstate the ban. Pelosi gave a flat “no” when asked if she had spoken to Holder or any other administration officials about the issue.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association (NRA).

Holder said during a press conference Wednesday in Phoenix that Obama had made reinstating the ban one of his campaign promises.

"There are obviously a number of things that are — that have been taking up a substantial amount of his time, and so I’m not sure exactly what the sequencing will be," Holder said. "It is something, however, that we still think would be an appropriate thing to do."

The news caught Capitol Hill by surprise, immediately pitting Democrats and Republicans against each other and even exposing deep divides among Democrats. A number of House Democrats lost their seats after being targeted by the NRA for voting for the 1994 ban

·
Registered
919 Posts
Yes! Now we need to get the 50 State CC bill passed!

·
Registered
512 Posts
A lot of them heard about this last week.
Now even the Liberals are thinking WTF did we do ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HILLARY GRANTS EMINENT DOMAIN AS COLLATERAL TO CHINA FOR U.S. DEBTS!

FEDS GRANT EMINENT DOMAIN AS COLLATERAL TO CHINA FOR U.S. DEBTS!
Beijing, China -- Sources at the United States Embassy in Beijing China have just CONFIRMED to me that the United States of America has tendered to China a written agreement which grants to the People's Republic of China, an option to exercise Eminent Domain within the USA, as collateral for China's continued purchase of US Treasury Notes and existing US Currency reserves!

The written agreement was brought to Beijing by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and was formalized and agreed-to during her recent trip to China.

This means that in the event the US Government defaults on its financial obligations to China, the Communist Government of China would be permitted to physically take -- inside the USA -- land, buildings, factories, perhaps even entire cities - to satisfy the financial obligations of the US government.

Put simply, the feds have now actually mortgaged the physical land and property of all citizens and businesses in the United States. They have given to a foreign power, their Constitutional power to "take" all of our property, as actual collateral for continued Chinese funding of US deficit spending and the continued carrying of US national debt.

This is an unimaginable betrayal of every man, woman and child in the USA. An outrage worthy of violent overthrow.

I am endeavoring to obtain images or copies of the actual document but in the interim, several different sources both in the US and in China have CONFIRMED this to me.

More details as they become available. . . . . spread the word ASAP.

-------------- UPDATE 1:40 pm EST

Eminent Domain is the power of government to TAKE private property for public use without the consent of the property owner. Under our Constitution, the government can only "take" when providing "just compensation" for what they've taken.

Who decides what constitutes "just compensation?" The government!

Homeowners who felt the government was not paying them enough for property in past "takings" have filed lawsuits. In absolutely every such case, the value placed upon the property by the government was upheld by the courts.

Our federal government has now granted to China, this power to "take"our homes and businesses in the event the US Gov't defaults on its debts. Let's play this out as a worst case scenario. . . . . .

The US Gov't goes belly-up and China comes in and says, "they owed us $2 Trillion in Treasury Notes and another $2 Trillion in actual cash money which is now worthless. We are taking the entire state of Hawaii and the entire state of California in lieu of this bad debt. "

With the stroke of a Chinese chop stick, Hawaii and California -- all the land and buildings in those states -- are now owned by China.

The "taking" would be a "valid public use" because it was "taken" in payment of the public debt!!!!

China could then turn around and declare the value of all that land to be worth. . . . . I dunno, ten cents on a dollar?

For your $200,000 house, you get a Chinese check for $20,000.

Needless to say, the property owners would go ballistic and demand "just compensation" for what was taken. Who gets to decide what is "just?" China! Don't think you got a fair price for what they took? No problem, sue China.

You'll lose.

People who live in those states and own their land outright, might be able to negotiate with China to "rent" back their own property, as long as the property owner continued to pay all his taxes; but the land and buildings would belong to China!

This is what our own Government has just done to us and it is the single most vile act of betrayal in the history of human existence.

------------- SECOND UPDATE 3:48 PM

In early February nine U.S. States began the process of re-asserting their Sovereignty pursuant to the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to the US Constitution; declaring null and void any actions by Congress that violated the Constitution.

At the time, I wrote about those state efforts (Here) and wondered why so many states were taking-up such an arcane issue in such a seemingly urgent fashion. I guess now, we know why.

The states were obviously privy to what the feds were planning to do with granting Eminent Domain to China. The states took action to make certain the feds couldn't give away cities or the states themselves!

This situation is going to get VERY ugly, VERY fast as one sovereign power (the feds) try to literally give away the land of other sovereign powers, (the states). This is the type of thing that starts Civil War.

Our present federal government makes the treachery and betrayal of Benedict Arnold look like child's play.

http://restoretheconstitutionalrepub...ex.php?phpsess...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
If this proves to be true,we are all in deep trouble.On top of all the other betrayals by our so-called leaders,this is monumental.

·
Registered
503 Posts
...Can't find a single reliable news source to verify this. If it happened, it's been kept extremely quiet-but I doubt it has happened at this time. I've got some friends out that way, I'll see what they may know.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Phalanx continues to amaze with the depth and breadth of his insights into reality......

·
Registered
449 Posts
Update on Phalanx' "news story"

Turns out this originated at

http://www.rense.com/general85/give.htm

Written by an individual by the name of A. True Ott, PhD

Now I won't go down the whole hate monger filled thesis, it's only real use would be as an example of paranoid schizophrenia.

But here's the first 3 of 13

Dot #1 China begins its covert war on the FREE American republic in the 1950's by taking over much of the PHARMACEUTICAL DRUG manufacturing for American and British Big Pharma. This is an outgrowth of the Rothschild's OPIUM RING PROCESSING by the British West Indies company during the 1800's, and is brokered by the "City of London" and Washington D.C.

Dot #2 Arch-illuminist and satanist Henry Kissinger "normalizes" trade relations with China during the Nixon years.

Dot #3 Eventual LDS (Mormon) Church President Gordon B. Hinckley, via the church-owned Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii, establishes a "hard currency" pipeline with Bejing, exchanging bank "trade credits" for CIA/BRITISH MI6 DRUG SERVICES RENDERED into hard GOLD AND SILVER while hiding behind the cloak of "World Religion". This is facilitated via the LDS-Church built and controlled "Shenzhen Special Economic Zone" adjacent to Hong Kong. When Hinckley is made LDS President, his first "official" visit as "World Prophet" is to China, where the Chinese Communist leaders give him a hero's welcome and a confetti parade. (See attached paper --- "Pensees of a Puzzled Pilgrim" pp 5-6 and Desert News, June 1, 1996 article: "President Hinckley Visits China").

If your interested in the utter barking mad and bad of this individual feel free to Google search for some of the other gems, for example

1. Bird flu is actually weaponised 1918 Spanish Flu with the vaccine created from the liver cells of slaughtered Chinese peasants. It is also apparently linked in with the Illuminati, Jewish New World Order, Josef Mengele, LSD and the CIA. Oh and Obama it probably at the root of it all.......... >:D

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ottpandemicflunews15jan09.shtml

2. It appears that Digital Television is a secret government plan to roll out "psychotronic weapons of mass mind-control" going back to Eisenhower, JFK, New World Order and the musician Paul Simon.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/soundsofsilence11dec08.shtml

Cancer is all in the mind, the AMA is linked to JP Morgan, NWO, FDA and the Rockefellers etc etc etc

I think at this point we should really stop humoring Phalanx on these things, it won't help him in the long run.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Oh...you mean there are people who ACTUALLY thought this was a REAL news story? I can't believe that's true....it would take a serious crazy moron to even read these article...

·
Registered
919 Posts
Well Clinton did just go to China to beg them to keep buying Treasury bonds. I wouldn't be surprised if she offered them something.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Come on Pius, it's utter BS, don't feed poor Phalanx's issues.

·
Registered
512 Posts
What ? do you guys just love to fight ?
Or just talk shit to someone posting something they find ?
Did i say i wrote it ? no i did not.
http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/government/fraud/us_government/news.php?q=1235700773

Here is another link , http://www.resistnet.com/ You know the site i posted you all liked.

How about this from another gun forum .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do a search for "EMINENT DOMAIN AS COLLATERAL TO CHINA".

we're not the only one's looking at this! It will be interesting if the MSM blows this one off as well. The wheels on this country are about to fly off so hang on for the big crash! It's iminent.............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it my fault your so MF stupid you cant find it everalm ?

This is the only forum i ever see Trolls that have problems like a pack of retards ,then go and single out a member and call him crazy.
YOU, are the laughing stocks ,not me ,i have guys come over here and look.
They come away with the same opinion i have.

everalm , any time you want to meet me and talk shit to my face , you call the place and time , I am going to shove your liberal ass head, up your ass ,after i kick the shit out of you ,MF.
You talk Real big behind a key board ,to someone you have never seen or met.
A guy like you did that on Arf .com and he is now eating through a straw.

Anytime MF ,ill even fly to you.
but you need to be thought some manners and grow the fuck up.

Im the only member i see being done like this just because they post something ,Not a hay ,i think thats not anything but a joke ,or a false story.
NO you have to make it personal , Fine i like personal ,it reminds me of a bar fight and i loved those.
Better figure out who your talking shit to before you do it.
We will see how ad ass you are in person.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Oooooooh scared.

Now now Phalanx, deep breathe first, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

If you could manage that anger issue for more than 60 seconds you will be able to see that I never accused you of writing that racist rant you posted. I pointed out where it came from, who the actual author was and how much of a delusional racist fuckwit he is.

The primary fact remains it is non existent, nonsensical and when quoted in FULL, as opposed to in a little excerpt, as you posted, plainly insane.

The secondary fact is that as long as the racist, the stupid, the irrational and the malicious are about they will repeat this sort of garbage as fact, Once upon a time EVERYONE KNEW the world was flat, the sun revolved around the earth and Kings ruled by divine right. Guess what they were wrong too.

Now, the Internet is full of "stuff", some good, some indifferent, some bad, a person has to approach received truths from the 'Net with a rational and skeptical eye. "Show me the facts" is a good way to go and I would recommend it to you.

As for your big man on campus threats, thank you, I'm sure it will help the others on the board weight your credibility appropriately.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Speaking of Pelosi and Reid........I used to think they were idiots but apparently they love the current situation with all of the power and perks and don't want to lose them.

But I don't trust them either because after all take a look at all of the earmarks they did sneak into the stimulus, I mean Congressional Recovery Act Program (C.R.A.P.) bill. So here we are sitting back relaxing thinking no big deal as the bill moves along because P&R won't support it. It makes it to there desk and boom [pun intended] they do support it and it's too late to respond. Be afraid, very very afraid of these people. Even if you can throw them quite a distance do not trust them! Ever!!!!

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Regardless of what Pelosi or Reid decide to do, the guy everyone should be worried about is Rahm Emanuel. His support for "gun control" is well known.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Oooooooh scared.

Now now Phalanx, deep breathe first, in through the nose, out through the mouth.

If you could manage that anger issue for more than 60 seconds you will be able to see that I never accused you of writing that racist rant you posted. I pointed out where it came from, who the actual author was and how much of a delusional racist fuckwit he is.

The primary fact remains it is non existent, nonsensical and when quoted in FULL, as opposed to in a little excerpt, as you posted, plainly insane.

The secondary fact is that as long as the racist, the stupid, the irrational and the malicious are about they will repeat this sort of garbage as fact, Once upon a time EVERYONE KNEW the world was flat, the sun revolved around the earth and Kings ruled by divine right. Guess what they were wrong too.

Now, the Internet is full of "stuff", some good, some indifferent, some bad, a person has to approach received truths from the 'Net with a rational and skeptical eye. "Show me the facts" is a good way to go and I would recommend it to you.

As for your big man on campus threats, thank you, I'm sure it will help the others on the board weight your credibility appropriately.
Thank you for keeping your cool and being respectful. Skepticism is under appreciated these days, everyone expects blind faith.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
To go back to the original thread, there are a couple of things to keep in mind...

-- Not all Democrats are antigun.
-- Not all Republicans are progun.
-- In politics, timing is all-important.
-- The Democrats have never runa a particularly tight ship.

If Reid and Pelosi don't support it today, it won't come up today. And just because Obama supports an AWB, it doesn't mean he supports doing it NOW. They'll wait for a moment when something fires up the public, and then go for it, when public support for doing SOMETHING is highest. They might even wait for a second Obama term (if there is one).

tk

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The violence and murders in Mexico is the trigger. This story was on 60 minutes last night and yes they are blaming EBR's from the US as the problem believe it or not!

·
Registered
449 Posts
The 60 minutes story was just a regurgitation and padding of the Holder statement a week ago which got rebuffed by the White House and Pelosi.

CBS being a day late and a dollar short again....... ;D

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
The violence and murders in Mexico is the trigger. This story was on 60 minutes last night and yes they are blaming EBR's from the US as the problem believe it or not!

I just don't think that will get much traction with the American public, regardless of their political stripe.

Mexico is tearing itself apart and it's our fault? They've blamed us before for their problems with the drug cartels. The fact that the country is riddled with corruption and poverty doesn't seem to enter into their thinking.

Besides, I'd like to know which gunshop is selling them the grenades and automatic weapons we keep hearing so much about.

tk

·
Registered
449 Posts
TK,

Ask and you shall receive...... ;D

Wall St Journal on this

U.S. Gun Trial Echoes in Drug-Torn Mexico

PHOENIX -- This week, an Arizona gun shop goes on trial in state court in what law-enforcement officials are calling a landmark case against gun dealers who sell weapons that end up in the hands of Mexican drug cartels, fueling horrific violence south of the border that killed more than 6,000 people last year.

X-Caliber Guns LLC, is accused of knowingly selling hundreds of weapons, mostly AK-47s, to buyers who were posing as fronts for Mexican drug gangs. The gun store's owner, 47-year-old George Iknadosian, has maintained his innocence in court filings.

Although U.S. gun laws generally forbid the sale of weapons to noncitizens, the X-Caliber case shows how Mexican purchasers used intermediaries -- or "straw buyers" -- to flout the rules.

The scheme, according to the prosecution, was simple: The buyers, usually 19- to 22-year-old U.S. citizens with no police record, declared that the firearm was for personal use, but instead passed it along to an associate of a Mexican cartel. The buyer filled out a standard form used by the ATF to track firearms. Lying on the form is punishable by up to 10 years in prison. But ATF agents here say buyers in the X-Caliber case were paid a fee to run that risk -- up to $100 on each transaction.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123595012797004865.html

There's also more of the usual BS but one of the somewhat more even handed write ups I have seen recently. They actually say

"Contributing to the problem is the fact that Mexico's customs control is famously weak, and authorities rarely check inbound traffic from the U.S."

Now I'm not saying the individual is either guilty or the only one doing this.....

Now Pelosi et-al talked about "enforcing laws already on the books", perfect examples here, high profile, highly publicized prosecutions where these 19-22 year olds who are implicated, charged and found guilty get the book thrown at them.

Publish loudly that there is a zero tolerance policy for straw purchase and stick to it

Same for those stores whose knowing lust for profit exceeds their fear of the law.

Reinforce spot checks on vehicles LEAVING the US not just coming in and for American and non American vehicles.

Classic examples of the greed of the few attacking the rights of the many.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts