XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.waffen-technik-withum.de/mp44-22-1-e.html
The Germans are getting all the neat stuff ,they can own guns now when we are worried if we can keep our BB guns.
Wouldn't this rifle be awsome in 7.62 x 25 tokarev ?
Alex why didn't you think of this ? Oh in a way i guess you did , The German guy who sent me this wishes he could get an XCR.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Wow, a little pricey for a .22LR. I think I will just get a GSG and be happy. It is a neat looking gun but way to much for a 22

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wasn't that the original Caliber ? Boy i bet thats hard to find.
That is why i thought the 7.62x25 ,there is a lot out there and it is cheap.
But you are right ,thats is crazy for a 22lr , and you guys in Canada can get a lot of things we cant get ,but i believe it goes the other way also.
I saw an article on the MP-44 , or STG -44 ,it said that the Russians love to say they came up with that concept with the AK.
The guy writing the article said that most of the 44s made ended up on the Eastern Front ,so if one was captured of found laing around you know it was sent back to Moscow.
Although they are not exactly the same ,It was the Germans that made the sub Caliber bottle neck , the gas system ,internals ,and a lot of things the Russians copied off this rifle to build the AK.
He also said if you had one of the original 44s to be careful ,they are getting old now ,and were being built in bombed out factory's ,and at times the metal wasn't real good.

G

·
the russians may have copied the CONCEPT of the stg-44, but the operating system is TOTALLY different. the stg is closer to the G3 or PTR-91 operating system than the AK.
stg used a delayed roller locking blowback--- Ak not
STG used a stamped sheet metal reciver----AK not
STG had recoil sping in butt----AK not
STG was heavy at 10.5lbs--- ak not
STG had trigger group detachable with grip--- AK not
STG was very suceptable to damage and crud----AK not

As i said, They may have copied the concept, but the execution of the AK was head and shoulders above the STG and truly inspired.

·
Registered
312 Posts
MP44's are pretty neat. I just bought a GSG-5. It was $500 but that's alot cheaper than a real MP-5 or even a good clone. I mainly got it because I bought a .22LR silencer on a whim.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Nice, I also see they make other clones too.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
An MP-44 in 8x33 is a looser. A reload proposition ONLY, like the Grendel only worse. I wish they had made it in 6.5x39, I would buy it then. Or at least 7.62x39 so the ammo was cheap. ;D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
True, 7.62x39 would have been very close to original but with easier ammo supply. Go figure.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I think this might be aimed more at reenactors than the general shooting public. Those guys are, umm, nuts about authenticity. Hence the 7.92x33 Kurz.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roughneck , I'm impressed , forums i have been on for years still ask me that , Originally it was a Greek battle formation tightly grouped with long spears pointing forward in rows ,and impossible to penetrate on foot or horseback ,It was deadly if used right. The Roman legions never used the tactic but picked up the word , in being tightly grouped ,Shields locked ,walking in step, being the first Army to call its men Solders. In behind them solders called histadis would throw a spear called a phylum over the heads of there own advancing troops and into the Shields of the enemy. The soft metal shaft of the phylum upon sticking in the shield would bend and contort making it hard to remove ,and the weight of the heavy wood shaft on it would pull the enemy's Shields down causing confusion ,then the forward line of troops would go in and use their short swords called either a glorieta ,or a gladius for close in kills hand to hand. later the Roman line was divided into Cohorts ,still working together it was easer to assign officers to control a group of 25 men instead of 60 or more.The word Phalanx then described the entire battle formation instead of only the front line.
And yes it is a naval ship defense weapon ,usually i just say that instead of telling them the word really came from the Greeks.
That BB gun from hell wouldnt fit in my jeep would it ?
OK the name Roughneck ,is that an Oil Field worker ,or an Army nick name for a fire control position?

·
Registered
312 Posts
;D I always knew it was a nickname for an oil field worker, and it refers to a few things, usually demeaning.
However, I took my screenname from the movie Starship Troopers. It was Rico's unit (eventually). My avitar is their ensignia. It's a futuristic version of the older French Metro-Para unit, signifying speed, strength & lethality. And yes, I kill bugs good!!!

Thinking about changing my name to "off-topic" though. haha

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roughneck i knew i had seen that insignia before ,i couldn't place it. Why change ,that was a cool movie.
Its also what they call men who Drill on off Shore Rigs ,You cant really say they are anything demeaning ,they make more money than Doctors.
In fact some Doctors gave up being a Doctor and went to Drilling because it payed more ,and had less stress.
Some Off Shore Company's will not even hire you unless you have a Collage Degree.
And at the price of oil ,if you call them a roughneck they can look at you and say (smile when you say that).

·
Registered
312 Posts
I love that movie, but the sequel, not so much.

Changing my name was a joke because I tend to get off the topic of a thread.
Such as: A "ruffneck" used to mean things like ruffeon and roustabout, and referred to unskilled or barely skilled workers. In the 1930s it became the unofficial nickname for oil workers. I think they have to earn the title.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The movie was good but the book was so much better, and yes ST2 was horrible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts