XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I think the choice is really blase'. I see Biden picked for two reasons.

1) Foreign policy experience
2) To compare his hardship of losing a wife and daughter to the hardship of McCain in a POW camp

The first reason I understand. The second is similar to what Edwards tried to pull by using his wife to get a sympathy vote.
What the libs don't understand is that McCain doesn't use his POW incarceration for a sympathy vote.

CMD :fencing:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yes but McCain would do very well with this.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Bad Col. Bad bad Col.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I think that Biden was bad for Obama, good for us. He's ultra-lib like Obama and that will turn off some of the blue-dog Dems and moderates.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think Obama is bad for Obama. Only if he had picked Hillary then I would agree that Hillary would have been bad for Obama. It wouldn't really matter who he chooses except if he picked someone that leaned way right to the point that they were a republican, or even maybe a libertarian.

I also think Obama is bad for Biden. Now what gets me is how didn't Biden get chosen to be the candidate? He sure would have stood a better chance with him the candidate and Obama the running mate. The GOP made sure a moderate was running and the DNC had the American people choose between some of the looniest dems ever produces, ... again. Now it just seems as if the dmc has regretted their decision about Obama knowing that his lack 'o experinece will do him in, and now they are trying to turn this election into "Vote Obama because he will have Biden telling him how to do things when his inexperience shows. GOJOEBAMA!"

I don't think this race will be close. I think this will be another Reagan-Mondale event, where the "experts", meaning the biased media, predicted a close one and Mondale barely got one state. It won't be a landslide either.

Obama's mantra has not changed since it started and that is he is for "change". Well no shit, things do change when a new President is in office. What he has yet to clearly state is WHAT WILL CHANGE, how is he going to CHANGE those things and how will DA CHANGE affect ME, my wife, and my 5 monkeys. I'm here to tell ya brotha, you can't race the Indy 500 on one set of tires.

As current events unfold, specifically world wide events in this "global" type of world we are living in now people who have a not-so-strong leaning towards Obama will double guess his abilities, or should I say, his non experience or expertise. McCain will easily capitalize on those events which will easily swoon the fence sitters and the sheeple types.

McCain's smear campain is sure driving that message home and I it's been working. I'm also sure they also have 20 others ready to be released within minutes to a TV near you as soon as Obama tries another tactic or something else becomes exposed. Just as Obama picks successful campaign managers, well they're style and tactics become known to the yet to be successful ones who work for the other team.

Obama may have had a good beginning. He is young, good looking (so I've been told), can easily identify with the MTV/LoserSpace/Yourboobs.com generation, many celebrities who are now verging on has beens, and of course most blacks but most vote dem anyways. What he has greatly ignored are the Hispanics. Although they usually vote dem but many will also vote based on race and I haven't seen too many (actually any) Hispanic spokes person come out and say anything endorsing either one, but my gut tells me they will be pro McCain due to his pro immigrant stance in the past.

And that is what it will come down to, their past. Obama has none. It may have been a positive thing at first but it will work against him in the next two months just as it has the last few months that the spotlight has been placed upon him. McCain is used to the spotlight and he does have a past. Most of it Obama cannot touch simply because McCain just didn't do his military time, he was a POW, and Obama, well we know what he did and didn't during his prime years. Attack that and you'd be sure to loose nearly all vet votes who tend to vote faithfully.

They are pretty much left with McCain's history in politics which he seems to have been good in sticking with his guns, good bad or indifferent. They are also left with his past infidelities and divorce. In a country with a 50% divorce rate (I guessed on that figure but over all I think its higher for lifetime stat). I also think infidelity rate is much higher that that and I don't think it will strike a big cord. I'm sure Obama may have done the same, if not come pretty close himself. Besides, McCain gets along with his ex and took care of his kids. Don't see how it will produce any pro-Obama results.

And after President "I did not have sexual relationship with that girl who really likes cigars and wearing a cocktail dress with a ranch dressing stain" and his new definition of what is not sex, such as oral sex, I don't think Americans will buy in to it. Besides it can only be pitched to the Bible thumping Americans, whom politically, are pretty much anti-abortion and doing whatever it takes not to see on TV flaming fairies and drag queens parading on floats to the tune of "It's Raining Men", are the only thing they give a shit about. Obama scores a big fat zero in that arena with McCain barely pulling a .2 score.

I think McCain's smear campaign is spot on and will produce for the remaining days until November. Obama is a celebrity candidate with an empty resume. A big teethy smile, a wink, and pointing your finger at the supporters making that "tsk, tsk" sound alone won't win the White House.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
When Obama gets done with us do you know what we will have in our pockets?

Change!

Don't spend it all in one place!

One bit of good news, at least for me. With the Obama / Clinton threat I was able to convince my wife I needed that XCR 6.8 now along with hi cap mags.

CMD :2rifle:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Biden is an EXCELLENT choice for VP, scares hell out of me. We may get some "change" as far as gun laws, immigration, taxes, and several other nasty surprises. :duh:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Whoever wins lets hope they don't put any crazy gun laws into effect and hopefully they make it easier to export firearms to Canada. >:D

·
Registered
512 Posts
Canada can get that surplus 7.62x39 from Yugo for about $ 160.00 per 1200 rounds.
I cont see much of that here.

·
Registered
874 Posts
not that cheap we only get czech 7.62x39 and its friggin corrosive and its not that cheap its 180-200 for 1120 rounds not to mention its garbage. I put 200 rounds of that junk through my sks. Because its corrosive i had to do a extreme clean job on the gas system and the whole gun. Not to mention I couldn't hit nothing with it. My non corrosive chinese garbage is much better but we can't get that stuff no more.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Biden is an EXCELLENT choice for VP, scares hell out of me. We may get some "change" as far as gun laws, immigration, taxes, and several other nasty surprises. :duh:
Maybe everything else, but since we won Heller vs. DC they are going to have next to an impossible time banning anything, at least on the Federal level. EBRs are a "gun in common use" now and therefor protected by the Second Amendment as per the SCOTUS ruling. The NRA would sue the hell out of them if it passed, and they would probably do a preemptive court case if it looked even close to passing. They are taking DC to court again because DC won't let it's citizens have semi-automatic pistols, which they must let them have because it is a gun in common use. There are WAY more semis than wheel guns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts