XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Sarah Palin equates to stinky fish and lipstick on a pig? Obama is a classy guy. I bet plenty of women are going to love that. They love being told they stink like fish and are a pig.

Obama Says McCain Is Offering Fake Change: 'You Can Put Lipstick on a Pig, But It's Still a Pig'
September 09, 2008 6:10 PM

LEBANON, Va. -- "That's not change," Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said of what Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is offering.

"You know, you can put lipstick on a pig," Obama said, "but it's still a pig."

The crowd rose and applauded, some of them no doubt thinking he may have been alluding to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's ad lib during her vice presidential nomination acceptance speech last week, "What's the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick."

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called 'change,'" Obama continued, "it's still gonna stink after eight years.

"We’ve had enough of the same old thing! It’s time to bring about real change to Washington. And that’s the choice you’ve got in this election."

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I think this is a tempest in a teapot. First of all Obama was talking about McCain and his policies, not Palin. Secondly, Both McCain and Cheney have used the exact same phrase when speaking of the dem's policies. All this is nothing more than the republicans trying to take the spotlight off of the republican platform by generating a strawman controversy. Any day where Obama has to defend himself rather than talk about the the past eight years under Bush is a victory for the McCain camp.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Obama sleeps with PIGS ,so he should know.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My first thought was "Palin is a pretty pig."

Later, using logic, ;) I thought "since Obama thinks that pigs are bad, then he must be Muslim."

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
this whole damn thing just pisses me off. Me and one of the guys were talking today about democrats vs. republicans.

Here is what I think. I think democrats are useless. Useless in that they do nothing. They never produce results. All they do is SHIT FLING. They're like a goddamn monkey in a small room. They crap, and crap, and crap, and fling that crap all over the room. They even convince other monkeys that it smells and looks wonderful.

Go to hell, democrats. The sad thing is, I share quite a few of their views. Give me my right to bear arms and something other than an earful of insults towards the other party, and I might consider offering my support.

But for now, I have absolutely no use for another goddamn shit flinging monkey. Go back to your cage until you learn how to do something other than sniff your finger and think it smells like roses.

I don't like McCain THAT much, but I really, really like Palin. She's a smart gal, and if SHE'S got McCain's ear, I think the winds of tangible change and not just more bullshit are on their way.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
and for whomever else may read this, this is my personal opinion. It is in no way mean to inflect or insinuate anything towards my company or customers.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I share a bit of Tara's opinion. I think this election is coming down to the lesser of two evils. And the election before that is the same way that I felt. I don't want to vote for McCain, but Obama just seems too shaky. I don't really like blindly voting along party lines, I would like to choose the best candidate but thats hard to do when you can't trust either.

I do have a hard time trusting democrats, when after the last congressional elections they took over, and went on to get lower approval ratings than the people they passed. What did they tackle? Well I specifically remember the vote that was denouncing the WWI massacre of the Armenians?? by the Turks.... I mean honestly all it did was piss off the Turks so they started going playing in Iraq. Why the hell are our leaders that stupid?

I too like Palin, but I don't honestly know what she stands for.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If I say it once I will say it 100 times. I am not voting for McCain, I am voting against Obama.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am going to leave the polls feeling the pain of having to vote for a Liberal President. Palin makes it a little less painful.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
The lipstick on a pig comment was a stab at Pailin for her "What is the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull....lipstick." joke in her speach. The stinky fish comment was a stab at Bush an McCain.

Obamalamadingdong is running scared and trying everything he can think of because he knows he's going down. You know that when your VP candidate is being compared to their Presidential candidate that you've got a good choice for a VP. We are going to win this thing because of her.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I believe it will be a big win ,the more the Left attacks Palin the more it seems to hurt them.
This is a repeat of Alaska in 06 , they should have studied her closer .
Palin is a different breed , the old hit and smear tactics just don't work with her.

This is what Obamas camp is really doing right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts