1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Maybe I will just stay home on Nov 4th and do tequila shots to toast our once great nation into 3rd world oblivion. Honestly, I am not thrilled with either candidate. Hell, for that matter, I am starting to hate all incumbents. This country needs a viable 3rd party candidate. I feel too many Dems and republicans have lost touch with the average American.

·
Registered
874 Posts
When Obama wins I wonder how fast he will go to try and ban your guns. Will he wait 1 day or 6 months. I pray we have the XCR-M before his commie butt bans em. :mad:

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
During the Texas revolution the Mexicans wanted to take away the town of Goliad's cannon. The Texans' rally cry was "come and take it". The Mexicans were met with a rude response. I feel the same way when it comes to the feds.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The "Hunter" add says he has probably never hunted. I doubt he has ever walked through the woods.

Give up your ammunition and guns in that order ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
The fact of the matter is, we all know his stance with firearms of any sort and he is a F%^&ing lier when he says "he respects the second amendment and our right to carry and own firearms". Sadly nearly 60% of the stupid brain dead American public have bought into this lie as with all the other lies he has promised.
You know a ban is coming in one form or another...that goes without saying, you might as well get use to it because IT IS coming. You thought the Clinton era was bad, you havent seen anything yet.

My question to America is..."What happens when they come for them or demand you to turn them in or face imprisonment/fines etc.etc..."

Im telling you right now htis man scares the hell out of me, but I see through him like a piece of glass and did a long time ago. He wants to ban firearms, talk radio (fairness doctrine), socialize health care,education etc.. and he is in bed with Americas worst enemies and embraces marxist ideology...just for starters....

You all here better start thinking seriously how far you plan to go to refuse to give up your firearms...because we are going to get our first test very soon......

Because the way its looking now.....I really fear he is going to win this election....and aside from the economy and other issues, this man spells disaster forthis nation.....I honestly do not think America is going to survive...

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The local radio station is playing endless ads sponsored by the American Hunters and Shooters Association (http://www.huntersandshooters.com/index.php)

It starts out with the usual "I'm Bardick Oduma and I support this ad..."

Then the asshole that is the "founding" President of AHSA (Ray Schoenke - former Washington ******* and chief Brady Campaign dikksukker) comes on and says how Bardick and McCain BOTH want to protect your gun rights, and then goes on to bash McCain... blah, blah, blah...

From Wikipedia: "Former Washington Redskins football player Ray Schoenke is the founding President of the American Hunters and Shooters Association which the Brady Campaign, an anti-gun organization, considers to be 'complementary' to its own goals."

If you look at the AHSA site, they bash the NRA and basically everything it stands for.

Now don't get me wrong - I don't agree with everything the NRA says/does - but without the voice of many - what the hell do we have and who else could possibly put pressure on the right politicians to protect our rights?

< sigh >

WTF is this world coming to?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
< INSERT SCREAM HERE >

muddafukkas

As I read more of the AHSA assholes stuff, the more pissed I get:

"AHSA supports legislative efforts to regulate .50 caliber BMG sniper rifles in the same manner as machine guns are regulated under the provisions of the National Firearms Act of 1934.

The modern .50 caliber BMG rifle is one of the most powerful and destructive weapons legally available to civilians in the United States. A modern .50 caliber BMG rifle can hit a target accurately from distances of 1,000 to 2,000 yards, depending on the skill of the shooter, and can reach targets at a longer range with less accuracy. At significantly closer distances, these rifles are much more destructive and able to blast through solid concrete at 200 yards or penetrate an inch of armor plate at 300 yards.

The destructive power of the modern .50 caliber rifle can be intensified by the use of various types of ammunition that is available commercially. In addition to the standard "ball" round of .50 caliber ammunition, armor-piercing, incendiary, and combination armor-piercing and incendiary ammunition for the modern .50 caliber rifles can significantly enhance the destructive capacity, particularly against chemical and industrial facilities and civil aviation targets.

Despite their deadly power, or possibly because of it, .50 caliber rifles in various configurations are proliferating on the civilian firearms market and in many states are subject to less regulation than handguns. Because .50 caliber rifles are classified as long guns under federal law, they can legally be purchased by an 18 year old (unless state law restricts such purchases). 18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1), (c)(1).

Modern .50 caliber BMG sniper rifles possess no reasonable utility for hunting or self-defense. Design modifications over the past few years have made some .50 caliber rifles lighter and easier to transport. In addition, the once high cost of these guns has dropped with its increase in popularity—prices for new .50 caliber BMG sniper rifles, traditionally in the $4,000 to $7,000 range, have dropped to under $2,000 according to some gun magazines and internet sites.

The .50 caliber BMG’s popularity lies not just with target shooters, but [glow=red,2,300]criminals, gangs and terrorists as well[/glow]."

:duh:

WTF? Are these people for real?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
When was the last time someone walked into a bank with a 50BMG and said " stick 'em up"?

What gets me is that the crimminals ignore existing laws anyway so what is the point of having new ones.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder what kind of lead you'd have to aim off to hit a jet with?

what a dumb ass reason.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Obama needs to take a flying F*UK at the Moon.
I think Palin and McCain are going to stomp his ass.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Maybe I will just stay home on Nov 4th and do tequila shots to toast our once great nation into 3rd world oblivion. Honestly, I am not thrilled with either candidate. Hell, for that matter, I am starting to hate all incumbents. This country needs a viable 3rd party candidate. I feel too many Dems and republicans have lost touch with the average American.
Sitting on the sidelines is not the answer. If the boys at the Alamo sat on the sidelines you would be a mexican citizen instead of a Texan. You would be wielding a machete in place of an XCR. The inaction of many is what created this problem in the first place. Show some Texas pride, wake up, smell the coffee, and go VOTE.
CMD :2rifle:

·
Registered
268 Posts
... Sitting on the sidelines is not the answer ... Show some Texas pride, wake up, smell the coffee, and go VOTE.
I don't disagree with this, but, man, am I continually amazed by the number of people who oppose the 2nd amendment, with utterly lame rationalizatons like "they're not necessary, we have the police and military to protect us" and "guns cause crime" and "they don't allow gun ownership in <substitute name favorite western Europoean country here>, and look how much better it is there" and the ever popular "oppressive government? that will never happen". As disturbing as it is to see congressmen and senators pushing to end gun ownership in this country, I am far more disturbed by the number of citizens who would give up their second amendment right, and mine, willingly.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am always amazed that so many people believe what they are being fed by the politicians and media. Maybe I grew up in a conservative place but I agree, there are a lot of anti 2nd ammendment people out there. What really amazes me is the amount of people that say "I hunt, I like to shoot, I love my guns but I would never need to carry a weapon to protect myself, I am never in so much danger that I need a gun at applebees". Unfortunately it seems the the vocal minority gets more done than the silent majority.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, let me assure you of something: it only takes one "life experience" to change a person's mind on personal protection. My wife is a bit uncomfortable around guns, which I suspect is mostly because none were around when she was growing up, leaving only the image of guns promulgated by the main stream media to make an impression. I think she bought into the fantasy that the police could prevent harm from ever coming to her because, in the absence of a weapon, that's all she had! Please, no flames! I regard law enforcement as an honorable and necessary function, but I do not believe that they can, will, or should provide individual protection to myself or my property. About a year and a half ago, some people broke into our house and made off with lots of our stuff. It was, quite deliberately, during the middle of a week day, when no one was home. I was the first one to get home and find what had happened, and was plenty pissed. My wife's reaction was quite different. It really shook her up. I think it totally shattered her illusion that "Law and Order" alone was sufficient to prevent such a thing from happening. She obsessed over what might have happened if she had been home when they came. She was only at work that day due to a last minute change of schedule. Her attitude about gun ownership has totally changed. Her best friend from college is a police officer and is encouraging her to buy a hand gun and get some training in its use, and I think she is ultimatley going to do that. I don't know if she will pursue a carry permit, but she has definitely decided that, in the event that the bad guys come calling while she is at home, she would like to have the option of protecting herself with something a bit more effective than a kitchen knife.

One of her friends, who also used to disapprove of gun ownership, went through a similar transformation. She was mugged while walking to her car after work. I think she actually did get a carry permit. She started out seeing gun owernship as a threat to safety, and now shes 'pakin!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sorry to hear about the break in but good things do come from bad things. My wife never had a bad experience of sorts that "opened her eyes", she was around guns a little growing up but it definitely wasn't part of everyday life. I think after about 7 years of marriage she realized that hunting, guns and shooting in general were the only "constant" hobbies that I had. Many other money pits had come along but these were the only ones that I have done forever and will continue to do forever.

Naturally she determined if she wanted to spend time doing something I enjoyed she would have to learn a bit more. I was fortunate that we were stationed out in Arizona and she decided she wanted to attent the Gunsite Ladies Pistol course. She had a blast. She came home from the 2 day course feeling as she said, "totally empowered". We went on to get our AZ CCW together and enjoy shooting together (when the kids will let us). She is comfortable carrying her M&P but doesn't do it often, only when going somewhere that she feels it is necessary (buying something off craigslist or something like that). She still gives me a hard time about buying more guns, she says I have enough as it is.

I guess this post is totally off topic but I would highly recommend sending your wife to a ladies course, most that have been to one say it is a life changing experience. Best money I have spent on my wife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having grown up in the People's Republic of California (LA, specifically), I too am quite familiar with the "guns are evil" rhetoric. Luckily, my father was an LA City Firefighter of 30 years...which lent to my conservative upbringing (and subsequent rebellion to the lame, self-indulgent 'Hollywood' generation).

Of course, as I'm sure you're all aware, CA maintained its own assault weapons ban after the repeal of the 1994 federal legislation. I guess the uncontrollable levels of crime in that God-for-saken state haven't shaken em up enough yet to understand the implications of their philosophy. Their answer is simply: more cops and more big government legislation.

Now, absolutely no offense to law enforcement; ours in America is a superior crime-fighting force and well-deserving of our respect (the police officers, that is....the Justice system as a whole is meager at best). But the problem with relying simply on law enforcement is that LE is primarily RETROACTIVE in nature. It focuses on what to do with criminals AFTER their crimes have been committed. Prevention is merely a secondary goal spawned by the deterring effect of potential imprisonment. Again, I allude to my comment about the collective Justice system....it ain't justice anymore.

Bottom line: For as good of a job as police officers do, no one in America has a greater vested interest in the lives of my family and myself as I do. No single police officer would be able to intervene in the mere seconds it would take for a violent criminal to attack me with an illegally owned weapon. My last fighting chance at staying alive and preventing said a$$hole from harming my family or any others would come at my hands and mine alone...or perhaps from another legal gun owner in the area that may be able to render support. This is not debatable. This is fact...simple and plain.

Last point and then I'm off my soapbox. Since the Lib's seem to have nary a bad word to say about WWII, try using this little tid-bit of info next time one of them asks you, "why do people need to own assault rifles???" (in that really annoying, "guns are icky and I never leave my plush-corner office in the high-rise" kinda voice--ok, all NY journalists and lawyers LOL!)

Up to and following the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, the Japanese had contemplated a land-based invasion of the US. What ultimately deterred the decision was their knowledge of gun-ownership AND gun PROFICIENCY in America. Not only would they be facing the world's most capable military force, but they would have to take on literally hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of citizens who, with one shot could put down a moving deer at 100 yards without even blinking. THAT is a true force to be reckoned with.

We don't call em "Homeland Security Rifles" for nothing. Not only do they protect us from the vile monsters that lurk among us, but they serve as a deterrant to other nations who would otherwise contemplate what the Japanese did in WWII.

Keep practicing with those rifles, folks! Our 2nd Amendment and our Freedom is now in OUR hands. Government has demonstrated their points of view....it's our responsibility to protect what we know is RIGHT.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the advice, aziator. I think she is planning to take an instructional course of some type, even before she purchases the handgun. We stopped by a store to take a look at a few, and she got some conflicting advice. She was having a little trouble racking the slide on the XDs and Glocks they had, and at least one person suggested she consider a revolver. I think she will be able to handle the autoloaders with a little practice, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts