XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I only placed my order yesterday, but I've been thinking for a while about how I want to trick it out. I spent about 2 hours PhotoShopping these so that's why I'm posting them here in the Gallery for your viewing pleasure.
:deadhorse: (other post is a poll OD Green vs Tan)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I don't really like the stock... But... ah well. :p

What stock will you be using? Do you have a way to mount it? I'm intrigued by your project. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't really like the stock... But... ah well. :p

What stock will you be using? Do you have a way to mount it? I'm intrigued by your project. :)
I'm not in love with it either but so far it's the best fixed stock (stupid laws :mad:) option I've come across. I ordered the M4 adapter (non folding) from you the other day. I assume that will work right?

It's a Sully Stock
http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/defensive-edgenet/-strse-83/Sully-Stock/Detail
The Sully Stock is for AR's. It takes the shorter entry length buffer tube, not the sliding buffer tube. It locks into the AR receiver in the recess hole on the AR's lower and is secured by the screw in the rear.

There is no way for the Sully Stock to lock into the XCR.

If you want to keep the M-4 adaptor, you have the ACE stocks and the POS 'fixed' M-4 stock assembly from Bushmaster.

The fixed stock from RA looks good, though.

You do not have a lot of good options.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any idea if either of these will work?

Cavalry Arms - C1
http://www.cavalryarms.com/C1.html

Vltor - Modstock
http://www.vltor.com/rifle-modstock.htm

Or am I pretty much stuck with this?
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=296
The Cav Arms and Rock River are standard AR stocks.

The Vltor Rifle Modstock WILL allow you to fit it onto collapseable tubes, but is rather pricey.

The stock that Terra posted is the Pardus stock from DPMS. It is fits onto the collapseable buffer tube and does not address your needs.

The cheapest and most expeditious answer would be to just have the standard fixed XCR stock.

BTW, I voted for OD Green.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Brian,

They're collapsing, but not folding. They would fit right on a fixed M4 adapter. ;) What is the length limit in your state? I can measure one out for ya.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brian,

They're collapsing, but not folding. They would fit right on a fixed M4 adapter. ;) What is the length limit in your state? I can measure one out for ya.
It's not really a length issue. I can't own folding or telescoping stocks. So I'm stuck with fixed stocks. But to answer your question, barrel length needs to be 16"+ and overall length needs to be 26"+.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Brian,

It's not really a length issue. I can't own folding or telescoping stocks. So I'm stuck with fixed stocks. But to answer your question, barrel length needs to be 16"+ and overall length needs to be 26"+.
Still say that you should buy the standard fixed XCR stock, then Durocoat/Aluma-Hyde II it OD Green.

Duracoat is more money, but Aluma-Hyde II takes forever to dry.

Linky: ALUMA-HYDE® II AIR DRY EPOXY FINISH VIDEO

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ditto on the color then. I've seen a lot of guys color their tube stocks. *shrug*
Yeah. I think I'm pretty much set on OD green. Good idea with the Aluma-Hyde RFBill. I'll probably do that when my XCR comes in and buy a fixed OD green A2 stock since they're cheap enough.

Not too shabby.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Where did you get the butt stock in that photo ? in not a folder fan.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: OD Green XCR (NOW REAL)

Thought I'd post this here to tie up the loose end to this thread.....

My 6.8 w/heavy barrel arrived last Wednesday. So this Thanksgiving I was thankful for Terra, Allison, Alex and Brandon for their commitment to customer satisfaction and an awesome rifle. Special thanks to gr8santini for the OD Green-ing and this community for your feedback (which helped lead to my purchase).

I took it to the range today and put about 100 rounds through it. The first shot was the only one I had a problem with. It was a FTF that I chalk up to user error or excessive lube/grease. Can't be sure exactly what went wrong but there was a very light primer strike. After that there were no malfunctions.

These are my first 10 rounds at 50 yds off a bench with the Midwest Industries BUIS and using the Harris bipod. I was firing a 115 gr Rem. OTM. I noticed the rear sight had loosened up to the point it was about to fall off when I went to adjust the windage. Unfortunately, I didn't have the right allen set to tighten it back up. I stuck to hand tightening it every 5 shots. Other than that it was a great day. Even had one guy ask me "Is that a Robinson Armament?".

I switched off with my buddy who was shooting a Barrett REC7 also in 6.8 and my impressions were; slightly more felt recoil on the Barret but a smoother trigger. The XCR had better accuracy at 50 even though the REC7 had a Trijicon TA31 TRD. I had the advantage of a heavy barrel and muzzle brake though. Not a definitive (or very technical) assessment just an initial impression. Also that heavy barrel really lives up to it's name in 6.8. It was manageable but a beast.

This one was inspired by thadbeme

1 - 20 of 26 Posts