XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 months, finally got my Form 1 stamp and got my 9.5" 300 BLk Kit. (Broke it in today!) but I was wondering why my Form 4 hadn't come back after 7 mos. so I called; turns out that back in December they returned it to my FFL shop who claims they never received it. Why was it returned? They claim the cc was declined, although my bank says that no such charge was ever presented. Arguing with them is fruitless - they couldn't give two shits that it was their fault. So now I start the process over and my Omega stays in jail for another 5-6 mos.

Lesson learned? Always cashiers check or MO -- never personal check or cc.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
So, I usually recommend using a check that way you can tell they received it when you see it get cashed.

Recently, I had a buddy call and check on his form 4. The office said they had no record of that serial number going to his trust. This was about 3 months into an expected for month wait. I called them up and time them everything I could and provided them my tracking information saying that they'd received the form 4.

After 2 calls, someone actually called me back. He said that their common carrier had damaged a shipment (assuming this was between Atlanta and WV) and that the firm 4 in question was in that group. They did have the money order my buddy had sent and had cashed it apparently.

I resubmitted and got back an approved form 4 about a week later.

No idea how the submitted paper work was damaged but it wasn't so bad that payment couldn't be cashed. I'm really pissed that they took the money but didn't tell me about the issue.

In that instance, using a check still wouldn't have helped to indicate that the form 4 was filed.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Then on the other hand I had a form 1. I made a small mistake on the form and the BATF rejected it, but told me to resubmit and email the agent the new submission number. I did that and it was approved same day.

Reactions: fivesidedpolygon

·
Registered
806 Posts
Gun control by ineptitude. Pretty smart. Get us use to 4 month, 8month, 2 year waits.....

They're still understaffed while the demand is still growing.

Paul

Reactions: Merlin

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey guys. Here's a short vid of me quietly squeezing off a few 3-hundos at the indoor range. As I mentioned, my SBR is complete, but as for the suppressor, well: I enjoyed the first half-year wait so much that I'm doing again. Luckily, since the can's paid in full, I can borrow it from my FFL's safe and run subsonics in the pistol range on the premises. I'm so SO stoked about this .300 BLK 9.5" barrel configuration. Today I was running Silencerco's "Harvester" sub 220 gr. sierra matchkings. Soft, quiet, and ran without a hiccup. Not much gas in the face either. If I wasn't already 100% sure that the XCR-L is the perfect rifle for me, I certainly am now.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I've got one in at the moment, on the 8th it'll be 5 months. I got nervous about a month ago, about the exact same thing you mentioned, and called them - nope, been pending since they cashed the check.

And that's why I send checks - they cash them upon receipt, no questioning whether they're going to claim the card bounced when they didn't even try it......

And I run the same Blackout that you have, but with a YHM can. Ain't they sweet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts