XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figure since this is going to be one of the most talked about things for the next few days it should have its own thread. I know that Prizm is down there and I am sure a few other forum regulars that can post too. Also, if you come across some nice pics and stuff make sure to put them up here for all to see. Here is what Prizm had to say about the media day:

Ok... day one is done and all I can say is wow. I also need to apologize because silly me forgot my card reader. I got pics but I can't download them. If I can go buy one tomorrow, I will.

That being said I went to Media Day at the Orange County Sheriff training facility. It's a massive training facility. I don't know how many acres but Enough for 25 manufacturers or so to have their own ranges all day. Crazy.

What I shot today: Couple of Benelli Shotguns, cool. But my, they shoot hard.

Desert Tactical Arms .308. Shot it at 500 yds on one of those small Larue silhouettes, and was like nothing could do it all day. I shot the top one in this pic. They had a .338 Lapua but I said "nah".

Savage has a new tactical bolt gun coming out that looks amazingly like this. It's friggin' tough. I have pics but you know the story. Will post if I can. But apparently it's ready to ship now.

Shot the Sig 556 extensively. Semi 16" and a shorty full auto. The 16" gun was nice, popping steel plates at 100 yds unsupported was easy. Didn't shoot too badly but not as smooth as XCR. The full auto, with the 8" barrel (I think). Well let's just say the shorty shot extremely hard. Very difficult to double tap in semi auto due to coming off target each time. The 16" could do it all day with ease. I experienced one malfunction, a failure to feed. Now, the gun had been shot for at least 4 hours before I got there and I'll assume it had seen in upwards of 5,000+ rounds before I touched it. It was caked with poop on the inside. Ran it in 3 round bursts and it was manageable. Easier than the semi. But it shot hard. It did have Sig's new collapsable folding stock. (Have pics to follow). By the way, the rep said the pistol is ready for SBR with a new stock. No tricks here.

Colt's new piston gun was there. I must say it shot like nothing I've ever shot. Light weight and with a straight push into the shoulder. This thing is super slick. It's got the shortened buffer tube in it and overall this gun is trick. I'd definitely own one of these at whatever cost. I can't tell you how nice this thing was. Again, pics to come.

Double Star had a 11.5' shorty AR that was DI but man it shot silky smooth. Very light and controllable. I can't get over how differently one AR can shoot compared to another. They also have a 1911 that is coming to market. It's sweet as well.

Steyer Augs were there but I didn't shoot them due to lack of time and interest. I think they had full autos to try. I got there late so time was short.

Spent time in the parking lot with Spike of Spikes tactical. They have some mad stuff coming to market. I'm sworn to secrecy but keep your eyes open cause they have some super innovative stuff coming. I handled one of their new AR's and it was unbelievable. I'm trying to get an upper built before I leave here.

Some good stuff. But I'm telling you. If the XCR was here... it would clearly differentiate itself. It stomps the Sig in every way. By the way that Sig was so hot and that crappy hand guard couldn't keep me from burning myself. That sucker was on fire. Anyway it's evident that there is nothing like the XCR out there. Nothing.

I'll be at the show early tomorrow. There's a lot of ground to cover. Sorry about the pics but I'll try to get it worked out. Cry

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Official SHOT Thread

Here is something I came across over on another forum, some teaser pics from the Magpul guys. Not sure what the Emag is or the 20 LR but I am excited for the 7.62x51, hopefully it will be SR-25/DPMS/POF compatible (And XCR in that case)

Keep things coming as you find out about them. Look forward to seeing what Prizm posts up in the way of pics.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Found another one, from Daniel Defense. I had heard that they were going to bring a complete M4 to the show, I think this is the spec sheet.

Speaking to them a few weeks ago they said they had a great new product that will be less than the competition and better (I know, everyone says that). If this gun retails around the same as a BM or DPMS with the added features it should do well.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Its excellent that we are going to have pmags for our XCR-M's I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

Here is something I came across over on another forum, some teaser pics from the Magpul guys. Not sure what the Emag is or the 20 LR but I am excited for the 7.62x51, hopefully it will be SR-25/DPMS/POF compatible (And XCR in that case)

Keep things coming as you find out about them. Look forward to seeing what Prizm posts up in the way of pics.
Just doing a quick search, it would seem that the emags are for airsoft, although I'm not sure it's talking about the same thing. But the one in the image you posted certainly looks like it is loaded with a live rifle round. If P = Polymer then E = ?, enhanced, elastomer? Maybe a different material? Or environmental, their shot at sealing the bottom of the mag well?

Just more confusing I'm afraid.

It would be nice to have the pmags for the XCR-M though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The E Mag is new, just not sure yet what it does. Everyone is saying the 308 mag is for DPMS rifles so it will be good to go in the XCR-M.

I also just heard that SHOT will be in Vegas the next 3 years, sucks for me.

This was said about a Rifle the Larue guys had out at the media day

Mark LaRue is now making the OSR, a 308 autoloading, military rifle with,
naturally, an integrated rail. It uses the conventional, Stoner gas system.
Most such "upscaled" Stoner rifles have been clunky and awkward. By
contrast, Mark's version is slick and elegant. Nice gun!
Aimpoint is showcasing the H1 and R1. Similar to the T1, they can only be emerged in 5 meters of water where the T1 can go down to 100m. At $100 less the H1 should be a good bet for most people.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts

Here is something I came across over on another forum, some teaser pics from the Magpul guys. Not sure what the Emag is or the 20 LR but I am excited for the 7.62x51...
Judging from what I could see in the photos, it looks like the 20LR is the (20-rd) 7.62x51 mag. I'd bet that if the cropped off portion of the pic could be seen, it'd show EMAG 20LR.

The EMAG 30 looks like it might be a 30-rd mag for .30 Carbine, judging by its size and shape. (But, it could perhaps be a 9mm SMG mag. Just not enough visible to be sure.)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I've been looking forward to Shot all year. Can't wait to see Prizm's pics.

Last year I got most of my Shot show pics from SMG Lee. Does anyone know if he's still in the biz? Does he have a 2009 thread up yet?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Last year I got most of my Shot show pics from SMG Lee. Does anyone know if he's still in the biz? Does he have a 2009 thread up yet?
SMGlee will usually do a SHOT show post on a couple of forums. Dont expect one of his 100 pic epics till SHOT is over and he comes home and sorts through it all. Monday or tuesday it should appear

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

SMGlee will usually do a SHOT show post on a couple of forums. Dont expect one of his 100 pic epics till SHOT is over and he comes home and sorts through it all. Monday or tuesday it should appear

Thanks for the update, I will look forward to it.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like the E Mags are just a slick sided Pmag for guns that don't take a pmag (FS2000). The Pmag 20LR is Long Range, the .308.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Received an update email from John Farnam and this was said.

In a joint project with Robinson Arms, Cor-Bon has introduced the 6X45 cartridge in DPX. The 6X45 is basically a 223 case, necked-up to 6mm (23.6 caliber). It features an 85gr DPX bullet at 2,800 f/s. As soon as Alex Robinson gets the XCR in this caliber into production, I'll have a copy for testing. The 6X45 may breath new life into the 223 case!

So I guess the Cor-Bon booth has new ammo and they are saying that it is for the new caliber for the XCR. I am assuming that this is the surprise caliber.

Note, this email goes out to tons of people, not just me. The other things mentioned were a new Eotech called the XPS2. I guess it is smaller and runs on a single CR123 battery. Available this June, it can be had with either the normal Circle/dot Eotech configuration or just a red dot similar to Aimpoint. I am still diggin around for pics.

Magpul is offering a new sling, the MS2. It is a one-point/two-point system, usable in either configuration.

Word is there isn't a single ACR/Massada sighted and the Bushmaster guys are not talking about it.

Colt is going to release the original Delta Elite 10mm this year and they also have a railed 1911 for the first time.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The lundestudios link that you posted has been pretty good.

Anyone sees something that catches their eye post it up.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Received an update email from John Farnam and this was said.

In a joint project with Robinson Arms, Cor-Bon has introduced the 6X45 cartridge in DPX. The 6X45 is basically a 223 case, necked-up to 6mm (23.6 caliber). It features an 85gr DPX bullet at 2,800 f/s. As soon as Alex Robinson gets the XCR in this caliber into production, I'll have a copy for testing. The 6X45 may breath new life into the 223 case!

So I guess the Cor-Bon booth has new ammo and they are saying that it is for the new caliber for the XCR. I am assuming that this is the surprise caliber.

Note, this email goes out to tons of people, not just me. The other things mentioned were a new Eotech called the XPS2. I guess it is smaller and runs on a single CR123 battery. Available this June, it can be had with either the normal Circle/dot Eotech configuration or just a red dot similar to Aimpoint. I am still diggin around for pics.

Magpul is offering a new sling, the MS2. It is a one-point/two-point system, usable in either configuration.

Word is there isn't a single ACR/Massada sighted and the Bushmaster guys are not talking about it.

Colt is going to release the original Delta Elite 10mm this year and they also have a railed 1911 for the first time.

6x45, excellent.......

What?! No Masada?! Ha!

I'm interested in those new micro Aimpoint sights, be a good back-up to keep in the ruck if they are bringing the price down.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
At $100 less, one is black and one is silver. There are a few pics of the stainless/silver one mounted on a Ruger MKIII pistol, looks pretty nice.

It is funny to read the reactions of the fanboys over at ARF. "What, no Massada???" "My world is ending!!"

Seems like most are saying that there isn't a lot of new stuff this year, at least not revolutionary. There is a new AAC .22 can, rumored to be called the Element. Quieter than the Prodigy but I haven't seen pics yet.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts