XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I could fully articulate the level of stupidity exhibited by 556 owners, but my grasp of the English language doesn’t allow me to fully realize their grandiose simpleton logic in my own words.

Just read it for yourself

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2231042601

Okay, how about we build up an Colt 6920, XCR and 556 in the same configuration

Add quad rail to AR15 and 556
Surefire X light with mount
Brand X VFG with pressure switch
MI buis
Full magazine
Aimpoint with Larue mount

Who thinks the 556 will be lighter than the AR15 and XCR?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Variablebinary should get a medal! ;D

·
Registered
467 Posts
What's that river in Egypt again?

I'm not really all that into "light" when it comes to rifles, but facts are facts. I'm used to--or actually used to be used to--pretty heavy rifles. Try carrying around an HK91 for six hours. It gets old pretty quickly. I remember handling the SIG 556 SWAT and it wasn't particularly light. Of course, that's with no optics, no magazine, and no ammo.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slag has posted some real jewels in his time but that has to rank near the top.
Yeah! Imagine calling out our own little boy blue... VB... over 3 ounces? The hypocrisy!
This is not your SIG forum protected playpen

Facts are facts, so pay attention and do your homework

First of all it isnt 3 ounces because the guns arent in the same configuration. The 556 in optics ready config is already HEAVIER than the XCR as is. You call this bashing. But its a fact. You may not like it, but thats life. The weight of a barebones 55x has been an issue since FOREVER. You seem to be the only person alive that doesnt get it.

If the XCR had plastic hanguards it would much weigh less.

If the 556 had a quad rail it would weigh much more. SIG's own website says so. The 556 SWAT is 8.7lbs. 8.7lbs is NOT 3oz

The XCR has more weight in the rear of the gun, giving it more balance which makes it handling better.

The 556 weight is all in its nose, which makes the gun seem heavier.

There is more than a 3oz difference if the guns were in identical configurations. If you dont know that you literally need to go back to the 3rd grade and learn how to add and subtract.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If the 556 had a quad rail it would weigh much more. SIG's own website says so. The 556 SWAT is 8.7lbs. 8.7lbs is NOT 3oz
Hey genius... the SIG website includes the SWAT weight with the flash light/VFG attached. Remove the light/vfg from the SWAT, add BUIS to the XCR... both rifles now equally configured... and viola! Imagine that...

And I don't need to go back to 3rd grade... unlike the "internet experts" such as yourself... I happen to own both examples... and can do my comparisons hands on... not based on what I have read, digested, and regurgitated (or in many of your cases... plucked out of your ass).

But you are right as rain on one fact... given a carbine class... and I'm leaving both my XCR and SWAT at home... and taking my light weight AR15 carbine. Given the need for defense, I'm going to my M14 7.62 NATO... so when I ruck up, a few ounces doesn't matter one way or the other...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
This is for the information of all here, there, and everywhere!

I actually called Chuck at RobArms and asked him the weigh the XCR for a comparison between the light and heavy barrel version. He was very kind and did so for me on the spot (imagine that! real customer service instantly! Thanks Chuck!) and these were the results". Note this is a bare bones XCR, no nothin!

Standard XCR w/light barrel = 7Lbs. 4oz or 7.25Lbs which ever way you want to look at it.

Standard XCR w/heavy barrel= 8Lb. 0oz. or 8.00Lbs

so if you go with the metric system the XCR is actually just a tad under 8 oz less than the 556! That's around half a pound. In my book that is noteworthy.

Does this help "fuel" the contest? ;D

Later.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The SIG website includes the SWAT weight with the flash light/VFG attached. Remove the light/vfg from the SWAT, add BUIS to the XCR... both rifles now equally configured... and viola! Imagine that...

And I don't need to go back to 3rd grade... unlike the "internet experts" such as yourself... I happen to own both examples...

But you are right as rain on one fact... given a carbine class... and I'm leaving both my XCR and SWAT at home... and taking my light weight AR15 carbine.
Wrong, I called SIG when they first posted the SWAT model on the website and asked if the weight was just the gun and they said yes.

You propose that adding a midlength rail to the 556 only adds like one or two onces when even some of the lightest AR15 middy rails clock in at 10-13oz. Nearly a 1lbs weight increase over the base 556 with one modification. I'll even cut you some slack and take off an ounce for the toothpick front sight and popsicle stick rear sight.

Facts are facts, the 556 is and always will be heavier. You are looking at a 10-15% weight difference if configured almost identical.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wrong, I called SIG when they first posted the SWAT model on the website and asked if the weight was just the gun and they said yes.
You called SIG... and I own both... ::)

VB - internet expert... has "internet weighed" the SIG... and it is heavier... ;D

Just like the AXR AUG is a POS... even though Kent hasn't shipped a single rifle... dang.. your the most awesome internet expert EVAR!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You called SIG... and I own both... ::)

VB - internet expert... has "internet weighed" the SIG... and it is heavier... ;D

Just like the AXR AUG is a POS... even though Kent hasn't shipped a single rifle... dang.. your the most awesome internet expert EVAR!
I hope you got more than that because the fact is the 556 is heavier than XCR.

In Slag's world of Unicorns Middy length rails only add 3 onces to a gun. As anyone that has actually taken a railed gun through a shooters course, they can tell you that is flat out wrong and wishful thinking.

Lets put it this way, Slag why dont you tell all of use here how much weight is added to a 556 by adding a rail. Dont even try saying less than 4oz because everyone will know your clueless at that point. Give us a hard number, factoring in the difference of weight between the rail and that bulky cheap FAB, made in israel handguard. I'm going to say about 7-10oz easy

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lets put it this way, Slag why dont you tell all of use here how much weight is added to a 556 by adding a rail. Dont even try saying less than 4oz because everyone will know your clueless at that point. Give us a hard number, factoring in the difference of weight between the rail and that bulky cheap FAB, made in israel handguard. I'm going to say about 7-10oz easy
I don't have postal scales... but I have an alternative: Why don't you just internet weigh it for us VB? Surely someone who determined that the AXR AUG is a POS, before even a single example has shipped... can internet weigh the Israel handguard and B&T rail... and tell us the difference... ;D

And if your internet lab can't weigh it for us.... use your AXR method... just pluck the numbers out of your ass!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't have postal scales... but I have an alternative: Why don't you just internet weigh it for us VB? Surely someone who determined that the AXR AUG is a POS, before even a single example has shipped... can internet weigh the Israel handguard and B&T rail... and tell us the difference... ;D
Good, I'm glad you don’t have an answer and changing the argument is your only defense at this point. Now everyone knows my post title is correct: most 556 owners are legally retarded. This is even more evident when removed from the highly sheltered confines of Sigforum

·
Registered
103 Posts
Good, I'm glad you don’t have an answer and changing the argument is your only defense at this point. Now everyone knows my post title is correct: most 556 owners are legally retarded. This is even more evident when removed from the highly sheltered confines of Sigforum
Unlike you... I actually own the examples in question here... but don't own a postal scale. I guess I could "internet weigh" the quad rail... but I'm not an internet expert like you... and therefore not qualified to pluck numbers out of my ass...

VB... just internet weigh it for us! Come on... expert. Use your AXR method... pluck that weight out of your ass... we are all waiting on your awesome knowledge... pluck it! ;D

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unlike you... I actually own the examples in question here... but don't own a postal scale.
Time for my act of charity by helping the handicapped, the 556 rail weighs approx 12.5 ounces. So explain how 12.5 ounces = 3 ounces

You can intelligently dispute or continue to dazzle all of us with your particular brand of one track buffoonery. You already look like a fool as is so maybe you might try turning it around with a lucid, big boy response without the L33TZ SPeEKZ. Save it for your counter strike buddies

Bottom line, how does adding a 12.5 ounce rail to a 7.5lbs carbine equal a 7.4lbs carbine with a rail already present. I know you wont answer, but I am kind, and thought I'd give you a chance to either step up, or continue to look legally retarded

·
Registered
712 Posts
Holy Chit !!

Don't anyone work around here ?? :eek:

Man this is great stuff... and Slag you got ya XCR fast... please post some pics.

NOW YOU TWO GO STAND IN THE CORNER ! ;D

·
Registered
712 Posts
I read the thread this morning over at SigForum and it's another example of how friggen
thin skinned some folks are about the 556 . The OP asked how to reduce the weight of his
556 rifle and if anyone else would have posted what VB did not a cross word would have been said.

I have seen posts where the owner of a 556 basically bashed Sig and the quality of his 556 rifle citing
the usual canted rail , bad finish and what he called cheap forearm stock and general bad fit and finish of the gun. I commented that I hope he get's it worked out and it's too bad they shipped him a gun like that.

Well I got hit from all directions and then the XCR attack started. 300 round Break In , Parts shooting out , Alex Robinson M96 .... ON AND ON AND ON !! you get the picture.

Why can't we all just get along ?? ::)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I read the thread this morning over at SigForum and it's another example of how friggen
thin skinned some folks are about the 556 . The OP asked how to reduce the weight of his
556 rifle and if anyone else would have posted what VB did not a cross word would have been said.

I have seen posts where the owner of a 556 basically bashed Sig and the quality of his 556 rifle citing
the usual canted rail , bad finish and what he called cheap forearm stock and general bad fit and finish of the gun. I commented that I hope he get's it worked out and it's too bad they shipped him a gun like that.

Well I got hit from all directions and then the XCR attack started. 300 round Break In , Parts shooting out , Alex Robinson M96 .... ON AND ON AND ON !! you get the picture.

Why can't we all just get along ?? ::)
You'll notice that none of the usual cast of 556 Retards even attempted to answer the guys question on that thread. Not even close. One moron said lift weights, and another is too busy humping my leg.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts