XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does this process work?

I just put in an online order for a long list of spare parts. My shipping/contact info was entered, along with my payment info, and the order was acknowledged but no info was given on shipping charges nor when the order would ship. It just said I would be contacted shortly and that a e-mail copy of my order would be sent to me. Neither has happened so far. The order was placed Thursday.

When should I expect to hear from RA on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Good to hear, I have always called in orders so I haven't had the opportunity to try the online part.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a similar experience when I ordered my XCR. No confirmation e-mail or phone call. I eventually called and placed the order by phone, just to be sure. I think my web order did get logged, somewhere, but people expect some sort of confirmation from e-tail sights, these days, and when they don't get one relatively quickly, they are likely to assume something is wrong and call, like I did. I can certainly say that I got a much better response to my phone call than I did to my web order. I presume that the web isn't the normal mode of conducting business for Robinson, so they don't invest as much time and effort into it as companies that do a lot of business over the web. Unless their web sight goes through a major transformation, with major improvements with respect to web commerce, I'll probably do all of my future business with them by phone.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
well, the problem is that we don't have an automated system. Whomever prints out the orders that day or week is supposed to drop a line to the customers. I always try to, but sometimes I scatterbrain it and get distracted mid-task. So technically, it's my fault. :p

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Bad girl

·
Registered
268 Posts
No apology, necessary, as far as I'm concerned, Terra. I delt with you, at least once, over the phone, and you were very helpful, as was the other girl I talked to (Allison?). I agree on your opinion regarding automation. It would have been really slick if I could have placed my order on the website with payment information (at which time I could provide my preference regarding a dealer), followed by an immediate confirmation of my order via e-mail, followed by an e-mail providing the name and phone number of the licensed dealer , in my area, who would handle the transfer. While I found you very pleasant to talk to on the phone, a more automated system would help boost sales and, at the same time, reduce your workload. Of course, this all costs $$$$, which, I'm sure, is a large part of why it doesn't already exist. In the mean time, I'm certainly willing to forego such conveniences for the excellent personal attention that the staff and Robinson currently provides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts