XCR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pick up a new 7.62X39 XCR from T D Weaponry in Clermont, FL ;D. It's about a 2-3 hr drive. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Terra. Got home with #3041! Can't wait to get out & shoot it. It didn't come with sights, but the seller is throwing in Troy BUIS that he will mail to me when they get to him in a couple of days, so I guess I'll have to wait to shoot it :(.. Does it need cleaning and/or lube before I shoot it?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
oil will always smooth out the break in... so for convenience's sake if nothing else, oil her up. :) Did you get a 30 rd mag or a 10?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I just put 30 rds in it so I guess it's a 30 rounder  :).

And I'll oir her up.  Is breakfree or regular old gun oil better, Terra?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
regular is better. Some guys use transmission fluid. lol.

Keep in mind the 30 round magazines do need to be broken in. You may experience some feeding issues the first 60 rounds, but they should smooth right out. You can manually break in the magazine by loading/unloading it a couple times, if you don't want to bother with it at the range.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
How was Dave?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I spoke with Dave & Mike on the phone yesterday. Dave wasn't in this morning. Mike and another guy were in. They were both very helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just bought my second one from Doug's Shoot N' Sports. They just got a few in. Anybody not wanting to wait, hurry in before they are gone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I recommend applying Gun Juice after you get through the break in round count. It makes cleaning much easier and the rifle operates much smoother. microlon.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts