XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in getting a XCR chambered in 7.62X39.

Since I live in CA. I have to modify my gun a little to make it legal.

To that end I have to decide which configuration is for me which means when I go out to a free state what will be easier for me to convert the gun to the normal configuration.

My question:

Does the pistol grip hold any springs and detents for the safety?

Just wondering because I'm trying to ascertain if it would be easier to change out the monster man grip or the bullet button device for CA residents when I go to Arizona.

I have never held let alone seen a XCR in person!

Thanks for any info!

Oh, and if there is anybody in the San Jose area that goes to the Los Altos Range and has an XCR to show me that would be appreciated!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Does the pistol grip hold any springs and detents for the safety?
Everything about the grip on the XCR is standard AR. So it does have the selector detent and spring. These each cost about $1.50. you will want spares if you will be removing your grip. They like to play hide and seek. :)
I think switching out the grips would be the easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
194 Posts
There was someone else that posted a few weeks back that lived in So Cal and just purchased an XCR. Search the forums.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It took about 5 minutes to swap out the bullet button on my PTR-91 for the regular mag release button, I'm counting on the XCR being just as easy because I don't think I could live with that monsterman grip :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts