XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere I found a page discussing magazines that were and were not compatible with a rifle other than the XCR. I looked for a similar list for the XCR without much success, so maybe there is not a list of "these definately won't work".
I read through a old six page thread on magazines, that leaned heavily toward Magpul Pmags, which I think are plastic. There were suggestions for steel and stainless C-Products, HK, and SAR80.
The C-Products appears to be more economical.

Browsing through retailers, I found C-Products available, and also a Ruger 556 mag, that looks identical, is a few dollars more, but is described as having a Teflon finish. Ruger factory mags are not made by Ruger, but they tend to be a lot better quality than the aftermarket magazines available, at least in the magazines that are specific to Ruger and not shared across brands.

Anyone have any experience with the Ruger 5.56 magazine?
Does the C-Products magazine have a Teflon finish and they just don't say?
Are there other economic steel or stainless alternatives out there that I am missing?
Any worries about general or specific steel magazines damaging the rifle?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Brownells is an OEM for the military. I've used bunches of their mags (chrome silicone spring version please) and had zero problems. Magpuls are great, but are a bit thicker and will not fit some AR mag wells. C products now makes their mags so they snap together and provide better alignment before they weld the seam, so less flaws and better feeding.

Now if you're talking 7.62X39 AR mags that's a whole different story and a long one.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
You probably stumbled across EC's old HK thread on mags. I have a bunch too....yeah, they're nice. They don't do anything better than any of the others.

Reactions: themousethatroared

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
In this day and age... some people are STILL prejudiced against "plastic" Magpuls? SMH.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Not sure if you're referring to my statement? Magpuls are great, but they don't run well in everything. I'm sure some of the bad mojo is due to early experience with those Thermold shit mags. But magpul is at a whole different level. Magpul plastic is the hardest, most durable plastic I've ever cut with a saw, but it's still plastic.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
Yeah...I like PMags personally. They're heavier than aluminum ones though....and they dont' fit well in all guns as already addressed.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
I have the unimags too....they seem to work pretty well for 7.62x39 provided you have the gas set correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts