XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the advice. However, myself and a number of friends have had great support from USO. I love my SN3 that sits on my 338Lapua. Mickey, Im sorry but Ive had most scopes. Nighforce has its place but its no USO. I dont like the Horus ret . I dont like the new customer support offered by Leuppy (Ask all the ppl with canted reticles they wont fix). I dont like paying a lot more for a S&B because of the status of the dollar. I like that I can get custom options on the USO I cant get on S&B. However, S&B is the only other one on the list I would get. I try to stick to FFP scopes which Nighforce doesnt even make. Most luppies are not FFP either but at least it can be had. Now not to turn this into a Scope brand debate... my experiences are either heavy mag scopes or no mag dots like the aimpoints. I never have used anything like the Loupy CQT, S&B 1x4, USO 1x4. I've had bad experience with IOR. So anyway the concept of a 1x4 variable sounds great but how is it in the real world and how is it on the XCR. Im not that concerned about wieght, Im 6'2", 240 lbs. All input appreciated. Thanks! ;D

Shane

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nighforce is a good scope but...... Not good for ranging in any mag and not good for movers in any mag. The one IOR I had fell apart at the range. Even the latest batch of New IOR's are having issues at the 500 round mark I believe. Im not here to bash IOR but that scope is NOT FOR ME. USO is in service with several agencies so....

Bravo, I have a fixed 10 on my 50 as well. I have the USO on my .338 because with 300's, that gun is capable of 1500+ yds.

Im really leaning toward picking up that USO 1x4....

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your right, not really a brand issue except that Nighforce as a brand doesnt make FFP scopes. Rumer has it that is going to change. If it does, they will do VERY well. So heres an example of what I mean. Your on a night op/low light call out. You have a nightforce scope. You need to range the BG surrounded by civies. Because its a SFP you have to turn to max power to range, well your exit pupil is to small at ranging power to see so you dial down to see bg but now you cant range because your not at the ranging magnification or its exact halfway mark. That to me becomes a liability having to dance on the knobs to perform those tasks. Im glad to hear the SN4 has a good rep. Hey the reality is I can get 98% of my money back out of it if I dont like it. The more I think about it the more I think a 1x4 on the XCR will be the cats ass setup!

Shane

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mickey, not taking anything personally or as a smart ass, good discussions that all can benefit from ;D . If a SFP works for you have at it. I have SFP scopes on other guns as well. I have 2 Nikon tacticals. I know a number of ppl that kick the snot outta me in LR shooting with SFP scopes. Their experience far outwieghs my equipment :eek:. Bravo, I would be very interested to hear how you make out.

Thanks
Shane

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.