XCR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did see an article on them in Shooting Times (I think). Looks interesting and Para's products aren't 1/2 bad, but I not sure they'll be worth the price (msrp) and certinaly won't be worth what they will sell for when the first hit the shelves.

I am curious as to what the conversion kit's mentioned on Para's site will cost not to mention what they will actually consist of though.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
It looks like nice rifle but they are proud of it.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
So Jarrett has had one for 10 years?

tk

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
There's also a big write-up on this rifle in Dillon's monthly publication...
Mine always seems to be late getting here...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Insert Quote
Is this just a Z-M Weapons LR300? Did they just sell the design to Para?
Yes,and yes.
It looks like nice rifle but they are proud of it.
Damn skippy they are $2000 plus.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
O own one (see pics in "stocks" and under "new stock ideas"), it's a ZM/YHM creation but essentially the same thing. Unless you really need that folding stock, it isn't any better or worse than a standard AR. It is something that started going in a different direction before everything had to be a piston but development on what they could do with it just stopped. It hasn't changed since the 90's when Al Zitta made the first ones. I caught a deal off of the barfcom EE, otherwise my desire to own a neat looking upper would have stayed in fantasyland.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's still an AR15, and that makes it unacceptable in several ways that count.

For an AR to be a good deal, it has to be substantially cheaper than better guns in the same market. To put it simply, as long as they cost more than an XCR, they aren't worth it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah my buddy was thinking about getting one of these once they come out for purchase. He talked to Para and they said that the MSRP on the site is not going to be what the actual rifle costs. They didnt say what, but cheaper, LOL. So instead of $2000 it maybe $1900 :doh:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I would own one, but not a $2000. I would love to just buy the upper for my AR build, It is a bit more complicated to break down for cleaning and such.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The transition between the back of the upper and the stock isn't exactly pretty.

Don't know anything about the gun just think they could have thought it out a little better looks wise.

·
Registered
325 Posts
strange design all around, like a updated version of Oly arm's pistol rifle setup from back in 1993, but for a MSRP of 2200 and the bottom rail doesn't even go all the way back, makes me wonder, I think their handguns are okay, but just that...okay....

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Why not simply buy an LMT piston upper and have a better/proven setup than the Para?

I just got a complete 12" LMT upper for my next SBR build and it is SWEET. It even comes with a 3/8" drive torque wrench and Torx bit for re-tightening the barrel bolts after you've taken it apart.

Quality is on par with RobArm.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's not a new design, it's been out for quite a while. Supposedly some spec. forces guys used it in years past if I recall correctly. It's the same ZM weapons gun that was being sold by YHM. Para bought the rights to it. It's kind of DI/piston combo the way it works. I did a bunch of research on it a year ago cause I was going to buy an upper. Finally when I went to order it, YHM no longer had it and Para took it off the market for several months. Look up the LR300 on google and there is some info on it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
OK so they call it a "Target" rifle. With what they describe a a "Delayed Impingement Gas System" (DIGS). So based on their description, I am a bit confused... How do they delay the impingement? They claim the rifle is the cleanest in the world. What the describe is a basic Gas Piston system (GPS). But then they go and say things like "delayed" so that kind of throws me for a loop. I would never want a gas operated rifle that has a delay in the system.

???

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I don't know where the delay is, it's just a shorter bolt carrier (so fancy you can still see the cut marks!) with a long, very long, gas key. In my experience, the upper does stay a little cleaner since the key is always in contact with the short gas tube, therefore no gas blown into the upper. The bolt, well, that sucker is still just as dirty as any other DI rifle I've fired. Given some more R&D I think they could make something really nice of the system to make it run more efficiently but at the end of the day it's still an AR.

Unless you do something that flat out requires that folding stock you're buying one for aesthetics alone, and that of course is my humble opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts