XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Sweet. Will they be convertible like their larger cousins (just barrel, bolt, mag, deflector), or will there be additional gas system parts needed to change from one caliber to the other?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Insert Quote
Sweet. Will they be convertible like their larger cousins (just barrel, bolt, mag, deflector), or will there be additional gas system parts needed to change from one caliber to the other?
I'm no engineer but I would say nothing extra.The only thing is you won't be able to switch barrels from your standard upper to the PDW,the gas port location will be different.
That thing looks like a blast to shoot.Damn that was serious flammage from the 7.62 x39. Looks very promising.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am super excited to use this thing on some EPD's.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
From what I understand from another thread about the PDW. Completely new upper and internals, we can use the lower though and that's about it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
So is the cut in the rear of the upper receiver just to lighten it up?
I'm pretty sure the slot on the rear is to view operation or whatever else is involved in testing the prototype. Nothing good could ever come from having the action exposed like that

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
From what I understand from another thread about the PDW. Completely new upper and internals, we can use the lower though and that's about it.
The original question was this:
So the answer is yes.You won't be able to use your regular uppers gas piston assembly because it's a different length than the standard upper,but he didn't ask that.He asked if they were interchangeable like their larger cousins by swapping the usual components,when I mentioned not being able to use a regular barrel,I only did so because that's the most expensive part of the conversion kits and if someone didn't know they might think they could get away with just buying part of the kit.If you buy the PDW upper you would already have the gas piston so you wouldn't need to buy another for a caliber swap.If however you already have a caliber kit for your standard upper,all you should need is another barrel for the PDW,instead of the whole kit.I hope that clarifies what I meant.
Yea VB I didn't even think about that Russian style muzzle break kicking flames out the side of it,combined with a short barrel and you get impressive fireworks.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Terra: Will the finished product have light profile barrels? Even at only 9" the heavy profile is, well, HEAVY. Also will the upper be available in 6.8 SPC? My current 5.56 SBR'd XCR is 11" so spending the money for an upper that is only 2" shorter is only worth it to me if I can get a more effective PDW round like 6.8 SPC.

MadDog :2cents:

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the prototype 9" barrel isn't going to be standard. Lights will be offered. That test barrel they have is one heavy little SOB.

The barrels will have a different port size, and there will be different port sizes on the dials, just like in the current calibers. These will be selling as upper kits. That's the upper receiver with the recoil system and barrel. Bolts will still be interchangeable, and the lowers are standard. We're going to offer special short tube stocks with them as well.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.