XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a killer deal on a YHM Phantom 5C1 Comp/Flash Suppressor. I paid $20 and $7 shipping for it. I like the look of it but I am curious as to how well it actually works compared to other compensators. I'm not word about the flash suppressor as much. I'm sure it works just as good as any other.

Can you guys and gals give your experience with the 5C1?

???

·
Registered
568 Posts
More effective than the A2 bird cage it replaced on a 16" barreled rifle of mine.Flash now 100% eliminated.

G

·
I'm not sure about the "5c1" but I know that the phantom rates very well for flash reduction. IMO it's probably the best bang for the buck. I actually reccomended one to a freind 2 days ago.

supposedly the Smith Vortex is the best you can get, but I did find one recently that looks promising called the phoenix

http://www.libertycans.net/Phoenix.html

I dont beleive the PWC is a flash hider per say. it may offer some flash reduction, but is not in the class of the vortec or phantom.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The Phantom is one of the best in fact I would say it is #2 at suppressing flash. I have tested them at night and it suppresses about 80%. The #1 at suppressing flash in my (complete darkness) experience is the Smith Vortex. It suppresses about 99% flash. They are more expensive but worth it in my opinion. That is why I have them on everything. Here are pics of three out of seven Vortex's that I have.

Dog :2cents:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I agree with MadDogDan and will add the caveat I have not tested the Phantom on any thing shorter than 16".

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The BE Meyers is amazing, even on a short barrel. it is more than the smith vortex though and I am not sure it is worth the extra money. I will be selling most of my PWS FSCs when I get home, only because I need to switch to a supressor mount on most of the guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts