XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only took 10 months, but LWRC does very nice work

Cold Hammer Forged 1/7 barrel, slick nickle plated carrier coating, F marked FSB, H2 Buffer, and some nice laser engraving on the upper. The rail is solid, and allows access to the piston system, which I personally think is smarter and cleaner than the HK416 piston assembly.

Not only do these things shoot great, but they feel bulletproof with a tank like build quality.

I first came across LWRC during the piston craze in 2006 and what seemed like every agency was looking for retrofits or complete piston AR15's, a la HK416. Everyone wanted to be like the AWG and USCP. LWRC has come a long way since then. If you're a fan of American firearms, and an XCR owner, LWRC is worth a look.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Basically the same gun as the HK416 but at 1/4 the price. Very Nice!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Very nice. A guy on the Canadian Gun nutz just got his too and few other guys as well.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
looks like a fun little toy, let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I see you spend quite a bit of money on guns and very little on furniture. Isn't that an old school lawn chair bottom in that pic?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
sweet!!!!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Very nice. I was interested in one of these uppers, until their customer service, attitude and the wait pushed me towards a custom upper with an Adams Arms piston system.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I see you spend quite a bit of money on guns and very little on furniture. Isn't that an old school lawn chair bottom in that pic?
Ha! It's actually a support tube for some baby furniture I was putting together at the time. FYI, my little guy was born on the 15th :p

very nice!

what are those going for now?
Upper was 29 which is much cheaper than LWRC products have been in the past, considering the product is much better now.

Very nice. I was interested in one of these uppers, until their customer service, attitude and the wait pushed me towards a custom upper with an Adams Arms piston system.
Their customer service and attitude is actually pretty good. I would say theyre are just as friendly and eager to please as Terra. Check em out at, they are good guys http://www.lwrifles.com/forum/

As for the wait time, LWRC has been in over their head for a couple of years now. Demand for their products have been surrel and exceeded their capacity by a massive margin. However, they have since been mostly acquired by military contractor Matech, which gave them a hefty cash injection and access to a wider distributor network. They have also aqcuired their ISO 9001-2xxx certification, and moved to a larger, more advanced facility which has allowed them to do things like cold hammer forged, ferritic Nitrocarburized barrels in house. The piston system is also Nitrocarburized.

Also, wait times are way down due to increased capacity and dealers being able to buy from the larger distributors instead of being forced to go direct to LWRC.

So as a company, they are making the right moves. Proof being the Pentagon Force Protection Agency contract award in Sept this year

For anyone who doesnt know who LWRC is, here is some video for your viewing pleasure

·
Registered
356 Posts
Awesome. Can't wait for the range report. We're also going to need a new family photo once the SCAR comes in too.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I would love one of these, but I don't need this as much as I need Reloading Components, 3 suppressors, and a Barret 50 BMG rifle ;)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
very nice VB. are you making a new gun vid for youtube? :ninja:
I probably wont make a new video till I get my SCAR. I want a vid featuring XCR, SCAR, LWRC and Colt 6920. The song will be Tina Turner, "Simply the Best" :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts