XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up an 11" light profile barrel that Alex and his crew made for me. Man is the thing SWEET. I only had enough time to run 200 rounds through it but it shot flawlessly. I keep the gas setting on 3 when shooting Wolf 55gr., setting 2 when shooting WWB 55gr. and Remington UMC 55gr. and the S setting when shooting any ammo suppressed. The short barrel makes it ballance much better and was definitely worth the expense of the tax stamp and parts.

MadDog ;D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Truly bad ass! Any plans to Duracoat the stock?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Beautiful...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XCR-Fin: How much would YOU charge me to Duracoat my stock in OD Green? I don't have an adequite set up to do a good job at home.

MadDog

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You can be proud of that one. If it shoots HALF as good as it looks well....... :2cents:

·
Registered
356 Posts
XCR-Fin: How much would YOU charge me to Duracoat my stock in OD Green? I don't have an adequite set up to do a good job at home.

MadDog
I only color in PhotoShop. Wouldn't know the first thing about Duracoating. If you find someone let me know. I have a few items I'm looking to OD green.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Waylong (gr8santini) promised in a thread somewhere that he would do any color job, provided you paid for the supplies.

Might wanna verify with him, though. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gunner69: It shoots better than my old style gas blocked 16" barrel did. I can use a much lower gas setting for every type of ammo giving me less recoil. The range I tested the short barrel on was only a 25 yard indoor range, but I consistantly shot 1/4" groups rested and 1/2" off hand. What does that equate to at 100 yards?

MadDog ;D

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I'll do the stock for free if you want. I'm going to be doing some other items in OD green soon, and always have some Dura Coat left over that goes unused. Let me know.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Terra, what size is the hole? Maddog, get a shorty 6.8 now, that one will definitely impress you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts